Sponsored by:

Question on Radar Detector hardwire installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 06:52 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike- Thanks for the reply. I did look at those photos for help, but unfortunately I have a phone center console which differs a bit. I did finally figure out how to get to the switch and I got it up and running late last night. I'm just going back out to put the interior back together. Again, thanks for helping out.

Ron - I was thinking of possibly contesting this, but truth be known I was going over the posted speed limit. However, the cop never showed my the readout nor offered to do so. Do you happen to know specific procedures they need to follow to make this stick? Where can I find these? Sorry to hear you had a rough time w/ Five-0h, but for the most part I've not been hassled much since owning a P car and living on an outer island. This however, may be the start of something new. I figured... end of the month, gotta get his quota... young eager beaver cop trying to work up the ranks... can't really blame the guy for doing his job.

Mahalo, guys.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Kelly:
No make mention.

Yes, I am a kamaaina. Punahou and Uof H.

Yes I know specific procedures for contesting this citation. First, make sure you did not admit to him anything. If so, your case is weakened. Next, got to the araignment and plead NG and get a case number and trial date.
Once you have that, you may start discovery process. PM me for the next step. And if you have time, go back to the cite site and make notes and take photos. Ask yourself: "When did he first see me?" " Where was his vehicle and mine?" etc. Ask yourself if it is reasonable to assume he really nailed you for 2 tenths of a mile, or just thinks you were passing by faster than he cared to know. In Hawaii, it was 2/10ths of a mile of sustained speed before it was a violation. Think about that. Isn't that reasonable? Instantaneously exceeding the posted limit and we would all be without our licenses. Also find a sign that designates the limit. Get a photo. Send the sign photo to me. If it is no legal, you walk. If it is legal, you need to ask for the engineering studies on which use of that sign is based. If they don't have them, you walk.

Don't lay down for this.

And go to Poipu Beach and spend a day in the ocean because I am here and can't be there and the thought of someone enjoying it and Kauai is enough to make me happy. If you can't make it to the beach, eat a mountain apple. almost in season now. MMMMM I am happy just thinking about it.

Ron

Check this link for further assistance: www.motorists.org
Old 05-31-2004, 01:00 AM
mschafer71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelly sorry to hear about your ticket, I think you should fight it. You may have a good technicality case based on how you described getting the ticket. Try this site for some good info: http://www.motorists.org/issues/tickets/index.html
In Maui I dont think we even have radar anymore. Laser is the standard and it's only able to work if the officer is stationary, I'm looking into laser blockers or jammers as a group buy if possible.

The damage will be with you for three years as far as insurance premiums go and once you have one ticket later infractions are more costly and traffic judges have your priors/ticket history in front of them if it happens you get tagged a second time.

Quick Reply: Question on Radar Detector hardwire installation