My new C2S gives me the grins!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 07:01 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking My new C2S gives me the grins!

Hello, everyone. I've posted a few times before about my wish to buy a 993 to go with my '87 Carrera. Thanks to all of you who provided me with useful experience and information. As a result, I just picked up my new baby, a 1997 C2S, shown below. I'll post another photo later showing the old and the new side-by-side. Just as many people told me, the 993 has many qualities of the '87 with lots of refinements. I can already appreciate the solid, rattle-free ride, the climate control system, the power, and the handling. Gone is the raucous sound from the rear, but hey, I can jump back in the '87 to get that! The motorsound package is great, though. More later - I feel the need to drive!

Will

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Will ]
Old 07-04-2001, 07:29 PM
Tom 97 C2-S, So. Cal.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats on the purchase. I too have a 97' Glacier White C2S (albeit with the aero kit). ENJOY.

However, I feel an obligation to tell you future additions you might consider, as I wish I had done them earlier to my car.

From your pictures; ROW Springs (lowers the car, enhances feel/handling without comprimising the ride); Change out your Yellow Front Turn Signals to ROW/Euro Clear (all aesthetics, but on White it is extra clean).

Again, awesome car.
Old 07-04-2001, 09:20 PM
Kevin Reilly
Pro

Nice looking...congrats! What color interior did you guys get to go with your White C2s?
Old 07-04-2001, 09:34 PM
Ted J
AutoX

Awesome looking car Will!

I really love the way those 18" rims look on the 993's I tell ya! I'd say they are some of the best looking rims to come from the factory of any car I've seen thus far!

Ted

PS - Say, I'm wondering, I understand what the C2 part stands for but does the S stand for a word or anything like that? My understanding is the S versions got the wider rear tires and body panals (like that of what the Turbo version came with) but I've always wondered if the S actually stood for a word or not. If there are any other additions that the S gets besides what I had mentioned above feel free to enlighten me with them also, I'm new to this board so I'm in the mega learn as much as I can from you guys mode right now!

[ 07-04-2001: Message edited by: Ted J ]
Old 07-04-2001, 11:56 PM
Carmen
Advanced

Will,
Good Luck.. beautiful car. Enjoy it.
May I ask where you purchased it from? I am looking for a white C2S or C4S also, found a few, and am just waiting on selling Cab, or biting bullet and keeping both. I currently have a white/blue 95 993 Cab.

Carmen
95 993 Cab
Old 07-05-2001, 12:28 AM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tom - A fellow Glacier White fan - great! Thanks for the tips on modifications. I definitely want to lower it, so your post is timely. The clear turn signals are something I hadn't considered, but it's a great idea. I've seen white BMWs with a similar treatment, and they look great. Where might I find the items you mention? I'm jealous that you found a white S with an aero kit. I may put one on someday.

Kevin - my interior is black. It looks great with the white car.

Ted - I assume the "S" stands for Super, a word that is the same in German as it is in English. For example, I've seen the earlier 911SC referred to as a "Super Carrera". Regarding the difference between the 993 CS and C2S, wide bodywork and a different rear spoiler are the main visual differences.

Carmen - Check the e-mail I sent you about the other C2S's that are out there.

Again, thanks, everyone. I've enjoyed this forum quite a lot, and now that I have my own 993, I'm looking forward to learning even more about it in this community.

Will
Old 07-05-2001, 02:56 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Will,

Here is a picture of my Grand Prix white 993 with the clear turn lights. I also had the bumper cover changed to do away with the bumperettes and had cooling ducts/fog lights installed. I too like the look of white lens with the white paint.

Old 07-05-2001, 04:09 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, Brian, that's a great looking S. I like the new bumper and clear lights. Did you just take off the old bumper and have it modified by a body shop? It looks like you've changed the rocker panels, too, extending up to the rear fender flares. What did you do down there? Also, where did you get your clear turn signals?

Will
Old 07-05-2001, 04:57 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Will,

Unfortunately it is not an S model, but rather a narrow body Carrera with TechArt body modifications. The additions are the brake cooling ducts/turn signals, the front grill, the side panels, and a small rear spoiler which you can't see in that picture. Yes, the body shop that put on the TechArt parts also reworked the bumper to look like a European type without the small bumpers. I don't know if the TechArt clear turn signals would fit on a bumper with the small black bumperettes. Here is the url for the tuning section of their web site. Look under the 993 Program.

TechArt Tuning
Old 07-05-2001, 06:13 PM
SeanD
Instructor

Hey Will!

Welcome to the club. Just got my 993 a few weeks ago as well.

It's an amazing car. I have never been a big fan of running around town for stuff, but I keep coming up with excuses to drive my car!

Sean
Old 07-05-2001, 08:07 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sean,

I checked out your photo album. Very sweet car. I see you're from Melbourne Beach - I lived in Indialantic when I was a kid. I'm sure you appreciate having a 911 that actually puts out some cool air. Here in Michigan, it's not so important, but the more sophisticated climate control system is welcome on cool, rainy days.

Will
Old 07-06-2001, 12:38 AM
SeanD
Instructor

Yes, it sure does get hot here!

I'm lucky I live on the beach and my office is near the river. Stay much cooler with the breeze as well. Night time is fun to go for a drive with the sunroof open and the windows down. I can only go 40MPH though as the cops in a small beach town are really bad!!

Have fun with your new toy. I am really enjoying mine!

Quick Reply: My new C2S gives me the grins!