Sponsored by:

Turkish green metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 03:30 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Turkish green metallic?

Does anyone have pictures of this color? A guy in my office building is putting together a Volkswagen Corrado with a supercharged VR6, bodykit, suspension, the works and has decided to paint the car this color. He claims it's a Porsche color and his neighbor has a 993 cab in this color. I did a search, but no luck...
Old 05-27-2004, 05:00 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

I've never heard of this color before...perhaps it's an older color and the 993 was paint to sample. Your friend should try to get the color code from the option sticker.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:54 AM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Here is one for sale that says it's "turkish green". To me, it looks the same as this one that says it's "turquise green". I've tried to contact the 1st owner multiple times in the past few weeks and I've had no response... Maybe he sold the car...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=&cardist=121

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r=&cardist=188
Old 05-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Jim Sorensen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It may depend upon whether or not you are talking about the car color in German or English. In 1968 I had them paint my new car a special color "Turkis Gruen". Color number was 6016. This translates to Turquoise Green not Turkish Green. 6016 was a full non metallic green with just a hint of blue. Interestingly, it cost me $75 extra for the special paint and at the time there were just 2 other cars this color. One belonged to Ferry Porsche and the other belonged to the advertising department. When I would drive up to the factory for my periodic visits, the gate would open right up and I could pass through and park inside. The guard never really saw who was driving from his booth! From the date above, you can see I am an old fart.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:02 PM
Pete in DC
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

Great story! He must've really liked that color. The Panamericana project they built him was in a similar shade. ("Happy birthday, boss!")

Nice license plate.

http://www.flat-6.net/viewer.php?id=...mericana+Photo
Old 05-27-2004, 03:24 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

About a year ago there was a "turkish green" 1997 C4S for sale in the Los Angeles area. I called the owner, but he had already wholesaled it to a local dealer. I went to look at the car... amazingly beautiful color... but the dealer had added $10k to the advertised price, so I skipped on it. I've never seen another one, nor have I ever heard that color mentioned before.

Quick Reply: Turkish green metallic?