993 Forum 1995-1998

Ferodo 2500/3000 vs Pagid Orange pads

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 01:23 AM
Ragin' Bajan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ferodo 2500/3000 vs Pagid Orange pads

After <a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=003331" target="_blank">this thread</a> I've decided to buy more aggressive pads and swap them before a DE ie the night before, and have them bed in during the 6am, 1 hour drive to the track.

Now, onto what probably amounts to a religious question: which pad?
I've heard good things about Ferodo's, and Pagid Orange seems to the the pad of choice among Rennlisters. Anyone have any experience with Ferodo DS2500 (combo street/track), Ferodo DS3000 (Race) <a href="http://www.empire1.net/racing/neonracer/ferodo_compounds.shtml" target="_blank">(Ferodo descriptions)</a>
to compare to Pagid Oranges?

FYI: I had Hawk Comp+, and were not overly happy with them. I'm told the DS2500 is above a Comp+. The main advantage for me is that I can get an outstandingly good deal on the DS2500's, but not DS3000 or Pagid Orange. PO is a bit cheaper than DS3000.

Responses to <a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=003366" target="_blank">this thread</a> please.

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:18 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Hi Chris:

Although I'd not recommend bedding pads on the way to a track event, here is a rough guideline about the brake pads in question.

Ferodo DS2000/2500 are classified as"fast road pads". These are excellent pads and are intended for street and light track usage. These are NOT race pads and for folks who use the brakes to the max, there is no substitute to a proper race pad like the Ferodo DS 3000/3500 or Pagid Orange's.

As you might already know, all race pads will be noisy, some are tougher on rotors than others, make dust, but,........ they will stop the car at high brake temperatures. Its all a tradeoff.

One last thing when using any race pads, remember that all these types of pads introduce a lot more heat into the rotors and brake fluid than street pads will, and its imperative that you have excellent brake cooling.

Hope this helps,
Old 01-11-2003, 04:56 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just installed the Hawk HPS pads. So far I'm impressed - much better stopping than OEM. Can't tell on the dust topic yet, but sound is not a problem (no stuck pig). I installed them with the stick on shims, so perhaps this helped the noise issue.

Will report back after some more time...

Cheers,
Boris
Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Road America w/ DS2500

Had a track day over at Road America (9 sessions) last weekend and was sporting the Ferodo DS2500 f/r. I had it setup with H&R coilovers and associated swaybars along with the oem brake air guides on 225/40f--265/35 on 18's (BFG G-Force KDW 2). The track manners were great w/no hickups or scaries. The pads provided great initial bit (scrubbed them during warmup lap to heat) and provided progressive feel when heading down from 130mph straits/kink. There was no fade to speak of and I was pushing it to an extent having been on track for a few years. For street use there is definatly some noise from 20mph on down, but for the enthusiest/HPDE these are perfect.

I would strongly recommend this setup for anyone willing spend a bit and looking for a no hassle pad that can take the heat and abuse. Obviously driving style plays a part on what pad is needed for the same course as no two drivers at DE level will consistantly modulate braking the same (i.e. riding brake vs. giving the beans upon IE).

If you have any questions or need further info, let me know.

MvP

Quick Reply: Ferodo 2500/3000 vs Pagid Orange pads