Sponsored by:

Need recommendation fro 993TT brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 03:47 PM
Todd Campbell
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need recommendation fro 993TT brake pads

Recently upgraded to 993 TT on my 95 and the pads I used (from Porsche dealer)are both squeeky and shimmey at 60-50 speeds, but not at others. Shimmey is almost non-existant when I stomp on the brakes, but arouond town with lighted pedal pressure they pulse/shimmy at 60 mph down to 50 MPH and the they are fine. Most of my driving is this type and the noise and shimmey have gotten to me.
Old 06-29-2001, 05:16 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
My first thought would be that you have some pad material that has gotten on the rotor since this has happened to me when my former mechanic bedded in some pads too aggresively. Find someone that has some aggresive race pads (like Hawk Blues) and use them to clean the rotor and see if that helps. If not I would guess they may be out of round. I suppose you have checked all the bolts that hold the caliper on to the upright and your wheel torques?
Greg
Old 06-30-2001, 02:11 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

As far as pads, can recommend Metalmaster from experience on '95 993. Quiet and decent price. For info, I am NOT using any of the factory anti-squeal junk on any of my brakes. Don't know if they make 'em for a TT tho.

AS far as the shimmy, some folks have said they have reduced it by aligning the tire valve with the wheel lock bolt. Then again, might be the pad deposit problem, but I would think you would have it at low speed also. Do an archive search.

Quick Reply: Need recommendation fro 993TT brake pads