993 Forum 1995-1998

Switchblade Remote Access Device

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 03:25 PM
Griffin Brown
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Switchblade Remote Access Device

Replaced the switchblade remote access device on my '97 993 today with a more standard remote access device and key from Porsche. There was a significant improvement in operation. The new one works from 10-15 feet from the car, whereas my old switchblade didn't work until I held it right up to the window. Just thought I'd share in case any of you out there are having or have had trouble with the switchblade device.
Old 06-30-2001, 05:12 PM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PLEASE tell me what you have and where you got it!!!! Undoubtedly the worst tech piece Porsche has ever done is that $*&# key!!!
Old 06-30-2001, 06:37 PM
Jeff 993Turbo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can get all the parts from the porsche dealership. Please take a look at the DIY: http://p-car.com/diy/key/

You can also order parts from Gert at: http://user.online.be/gcar/cpx.htm ( Under Electronics )

Or you may try PelicanParts.com or some other online Porsche parts places.

Jeff
Old 07-01-2001, 05:26 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Griffin Brown:
<STRONG>Replaced the switchblade remote ... . There was a significant improvement in operation.</STRONG>
Odd, since the guts are the same - only the housing differs. Did you change the battery? If not, perhaps the contacts were just dirty. Anyway, I agree w/you that the original switchblade key was poorly designed, albeit cool & a precursor for the better versions from Audi, Mercedes, etc.

Quick Reply: Switchblade Remote Access Device