Convertible Top Vandalism!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 06:22 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tcuguy,
can you not drive it while you wait for the top to come in? What's the point of it sitting in the mechanics' car park.
Tito.
Old 07-20-2002, 03:06 PM
AustinL
Advanced

Wish I could, but because it is a daily driver I cannot run the risk of it raining. It could seep in through the gash/tear in the center of the top, and that could do a lot worse damage to the interior. I am just being careful, because it has been raining so much in Texas lately.

If the parts come in on time, I should have it back Thursday with a brand new top.
Old 07-20-2002, 04:37 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts
One question: were you parked in a legitimate space or were you parked somewhere that was not truly a space? A friend of mine used to park across 2 spaces or on hatched lines etc. in order to "protect" his car. This behavior of course ticks some people off and he found his car scratched from stem to stern with a key one day. This on a 911 with a color to sample paint job from the factory. Moral to story is don't attract attention by parking unconventionally.
Old 07-20-2002, 08:42 PM
AustinL
Advanced

That is what doesn't make sense to me, because I was parked in a legitimate space. I never double-park because I know that makes people made. I was parked in a single space, which was an end spot, on a corner entrance to the strip/plaza area.

I think I attracted attention to myself by being parked away from everyone, even though I was parked in a legitimate spot.

My solution will be to park with everyone else from now on and to get an end spot if at all possible. But if I can't get an end spot then I won't sweat it. A door ding doesn't seem nearly as bad (or as expensive) as other types of vandalism. I am also going to try and go to different places to get coffee and not to the same place everyday--one way to draw less attention to myself.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.
Old 07-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts
You were the victim of a jerk, probably a frustrated jealous one.

Quick Reply: Convertible Top Vandalism!!!