Sponsored by:

Help! I am so SICK!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 08:57 PM
aerotarga
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

911 343
Let me know if you would like #'s to local shop who can do a ppi. I live in Westminster, CO which is essentially just outside metro Denver.
Herman
Old 05-20-2004, 09:22 PM
911 343
Intermediate

Wow! What a great bunch of people. I have been taking notes like Eurosport LTD. and taking the help offered on giving recommendations and phone numbers to places in Denver. Seriously, thank you. This is a life long dream for me coming true and you are only making it better.

I pushed the trip back to Tuesday to try and arrange the PPI and an alignment.

Someone mentioned that the car will be getting staired at a lot! That kinda creeps me out. To think, I was the guy stairing! I never realized I was that obvious. It must have been the drool. Somehow I don't think the stairing will stop.

Oh those lines! 5 days and counting....tic, tic, tic,....
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2004, 09:47 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts
Default Re: Help! I am so SICK!

Originally posted by 911 343

Here is the sick part. Have I driven it-no. Had it inspected-no. Driven any 993's-no. Seen it in person-nope. Rich-NO WAY!
:
I bought my RUF from someone in Germany without the benefit of a personal test-drive, inspection, CARFAX or anything of that sort. Also my first Porsche, and never driven a 993 turbo before. I guess I'm the real sicko here.

CP
Old 05-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL reading your story...I found my car on autotrader on Friday night, flew out to Houston on Saturday, and bought it on Sunday. I DID have a PPI, and fortunately, it checked out. Hope your car is perfect! Congratulations!!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:23 AM
RRLOwen
Instructor

911 343: I guess I'm sick too. I bought a 95, Av Gr Tip (just like yours) sight unseen from about 2000 miles away. I did get a PPI, however.

The good news is that I have been driving it for 3 months now and it is outstanding!! So far I have spent a total of $250.00 on it.

It's a great car to drive, it's an unusual but quite classy color.

Expect to be the center of attention, but that's part of the fun.

My son said to me the other day - "don't you get tired of always having people ask about your car?"

My answer - "well, actually, no, I don't"

I hope your car turns out as good as mine did. You will love it - enjoy.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

Hope you take a friend with you. Your first experiences of looks from people as you stop at places .... your first drags .... your first ticket .... Having someone to laugh with you for the whole trip definightly adds to the fun. Its the diference of #$%@ me thats fast and #$%@ me thats fast ... sh$t tell me about it muhahahhaha.

Good on ya ... welcome aboard.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:21 AM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

343....Congrats!! Great looking ride....Enjoy your trip home....
Old 05-21-2004, 03:31 AM
Ash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

Agonizing that you have to wait that few days until you pick up the car but it'll all be worth it the moment you start that engine up and drive!

Congratulations on becoming a member of the 993 ownership experience...I too recently purchased my first Porsche 993 and I'm still grinning...what a car!

Enjoy the drive home and take lots of pics to share!
Old 05-21-2004, 07:19 AM
AGC
Racer

There is nothing wrong with buying a P-Car, sight unseen, never driven one, never have sat in one and buying it 2000+ miles away. I did the same thing and am happy as a car nut can be. I bought my 96 993TT, sight unseen (except pics) from the other coast, had a PPI by a local shop and had it shipped to me. I have never driven a 993 or a P-car of any model and have not regretted it yet. I have spent some money on the car already (oil changes and HRE wheels) .
Old 05-21-2004, 08:14 AM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations and good luck, I remember going to see my car and Immediately agreeing to buy it. I then had to wait 2 weeks before I could pick it up. I got no sleep at all!

Have fun!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:56 PM
911 343
Intermediate

The maintenance kit, belts and DME relay are on the way from Pelican Parts! I, also have an appointment with Stortz Garage in downtown Denver for an inspection. Looks like I might end up staying the night in Denver on Tuesday.

I will be sure and post plenty of pictures. Kind of a virtual diary I suppose.

Oh, and I love reading all the stories you have been sharing. It is quite interesting how people are purchasing their vehicles with the creation of the internet. How did you "old farts" used to do it? I am imagining a much smaller selection. I guess in the end it doesn't really matter. You either have one or you don't!
Old 05-21-2004, 02:24 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats 911 343! Life is too short to not have adventures. This will be one of the great stories in your life. Enjoy every minute.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:16 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by AC.
There is nothing wrong with buying a P-Car, sight unseen, never driven one, never have sat in one and buying it 2000+ miles away. I did the same thing and am happy as a car nut can be. I bought my 96 993TT, sight unseen (except pics) from the other coast, had a PPI by a local shop and had it shipped to me. I have never driven a 993 or a P-car of any model and have not regretted it yet. I have spent some money on the car already (oil changes and HRE wheels) .
I'll be doing the same in a little less than a month. Never driven a 993 only sat in one. The car i'm going to purchase, I've only seen pics, but had a PPI done and the owner of the Arena Red C4S is a well-known Rennlister. However, instead of having it shipped, I will be it driving 3000+ miles back from SF to NYC. I hope it will be a journey to remember! Actually...I know it will be!

Congrats 911 343!!
Old 05-21-2004, 05:32 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally posted by Arrwin
I'll be doing the same in a little less than a month. Never driven a 993 only sat in one. The car i'm going to purchase, I've only seen pics, but had a PPI done and the owner of the Arena Red C4S is a well-known Rennlister.
Hey!!! Congratulations! Glad you found a way of getting the car you dream about! You'll have a blast! Now, when are you going to remove "wanna be" from your signature?
Old 05-21-2004, 05:44 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally posted by Arrwin
and the owner of the Arena Red C4S is a well-known Rennlister.
Arwinn,

If that is the car I'm thinking about, you've gotton yourself a cheery. It's an absolutely beautiful specimen with jaw-dropping wheels. Congratulations.

BTW, if you're here to pick up the car, please give us a head's up on your schedule, and we can roll out the BAR welcome wagon, and have a BAR drive to make you feel at home here.

CP

Quick Reply: Help! I am so SICK!