Sponsored by:

I just sold my car!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 03:06 AM
Miraculix
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just sold my car!

Yes I did, sorry but I couldn't take it anymore!

9 months of sleepless nights because of this stopping, no starting issue.
3000 Dollars of new parts and mechanics I finally sold her for basicly nothing.
A '94 car with 80000 kilometers is worth over 40 000 Dollars.
I sold her for about 30 000!

Anyways, I did this because I need a car without issues and I don't think I dare buying anothing 993.
But, since I still consider myself young (23y), who knows?

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who tried helping me with my cars issues. I'm sorry this long story never got to have an end and I wish all the best and all the luck in the world to the new owner who apparantly put aside another 3000 dollars to solve this problem.

Best regards

Thomas
Old 05-18-2004, 03:44 AM
nman413
Drifting

Thomas, sorry to hear that your experience has been less than positive but I am inclined to believe that yours may be a fairly isolated incident. I have really enjoyed my Porsche ownership to date and the issues that I've had so far certainly have not been showstoppers. Love these cars and definitely think you should give the 993s another chance. Remember, a good PPI is a must! Of course, I do have a slight advantage of having viperbob close by
Old 05-18-2004, 04:40 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to see a fellow Rennlister sell their car, but in your case I think you did the right thing considering the ongoing/unresolved problem you have had with it. I can understand the jaded feeling you must have about the marque, but please reconsider once the emotional/financial scars heal a bit.

Good luck to you in the future and hope to one day see you again on the board as a Porsche owner.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:53 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry you had to sell, but I think you did everything in your power to try to get it fixed. This is the first time I've seen where Rennlisters can't seem to solve a 993 problem. I don't think you should be scared to get another if you really like the car- I think you just got a lemon or something. Good luck!
Old 05-18-2004, 08:09 PM
graham_mitchell
Banned

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

Thomas, sorry to hear that you never solved the problem. I doubt that you could ever find another 993 to give you so much trouble.

I will give you a spin in my 993 when I get back to Sweden to restore your faith in the marque!
Old 05-18-2004, 10:56 PM
jz993
Racer

T-
You did the right thing. I couldn't have held out so long. If a car doesn't give you pleasure, you get rid of it. But one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bushel. There are lots of good 993's out there. Take your time finding another one, and if that one's a lemon... try a Corvette!
Old 05-18-2004, 11:21 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey Thomas,

I'm a little bummed that you could not get your 993 squared away. I was reading your previous threads on Rennlist over the past months - and if I could have helped, I would have, as many on Rennlist did.

Just know I'm sorry you had to resort to selling it - and I know I'm not alone in that... At the same time, two things:

Please stay on Rennlist and this Forum... I really enjoy your posts (well, except the ones that say you sold your 993 ....

If you are ever in my area of the US - you have an open invitation to drive my 993 anytime - for as long as you visit....

You hang in there. I suspect there will be another Porsche in your future. And when that happens - we'll be here....

My best to you always,

John
Old 05-18-2004, 11:42 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thomas-sorry to hear that you never got the problem sorted out with your 993. Take care and best of luck with your next vehicle, whatever that might be.

chuck
Old 05-19-2004, 04:43 AM
Miraculix
Pro

Thanks guys, I'm not leaving this board though, might cut back a little on the browsing around but I'll still be here.

I haven't decided what kind of car to get yet, as of today I have my mind set on either a Corvette C5 344HP, BMW Z3M roadster 321HP or a Boxster 204HP

Quick Reply: I just sold my car!