New 993TT owner need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 02:52 AM
AGC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New 993TT owner need help

Hi guys,

First I would like to thank everyone for their opinions on which 993 to get. Remember I was looking at a 96 993 C4s, 98 993 C4s and a 96 993TT. I ended up getting the 993TT, I purchased the car from a private owner through LCN, the car came from CA and is in great shape. I am trying to figure out what options it has and my future plans for it. I sold my 91 Testarossa through LCN and had to put up a few thousand for the Twin.

Well here are my first questions, since the car did not come with an owner's manual (I will order one next week) I need help with the following

1. When I open the gas cover, I noticed that there were two holes. I assume one is for the gas(the one on the right with the gas cap), what is the other one for (left side when the cover is open)
2. On the center console there is a switch that looks like an exclamation point (!), what is this for.
3. How do I find out what options this car has (standard and additional), so far I see a Porsche AM/FM/Cassette player, a CD Changer, power seats for both driver and passenger side, rear wipers, cruise control and on board computer (botton of the tach dial)

Thanks for all your help
Argyle
Old 07-12-2002, 02:58 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Argyle,

Congratulations! Forgive me for the short response, but I'm about to get some shut-eye.

1. Windshield washer fluid
2. Turning off the gauge warning light (also an exclamation point). Comes on before brake pressure built up, when fuel is low, etc.
3. I'd order a Certificate of Authenticity (Kardex) from PCNA in Atlanta (see archives for address). Robin might also have a list of options at <a href="http://www.p-car.com" target="_blank">www.p-car.com</a>
Old 07-12-2002, 03:21 AM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

I'd also add that the exclamation point also comes on when you have your parking brake on and when you don't have your seat belt on too.

As far as options, look in the luggage compatment ( ie the trunk ) and you will see a little sticker with some option codes on it.

Jeff
Old 07-12-2002, 03:44 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Argyle
Welcome. To expand on the ! It comes on whenever any warning is activated, even secondary ones like low fuel. It's purpose is to alert you that a warning has been activated. By pushing the ! console button you'll extinguish the big red !, but not the underlying warning light.

W/o the manual (or maybe w/it) you have many mysteries to explore. Best wishes for what I'm sure will be an interesting weekend
Old 07-12-2002, 01:17 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 283 Posts
Congratulations and good luck with the car most of us non-turbo peons wish we had! Post some pics when you have em.

To answer your next question...the oil level gauge (not pressure) only works when the engine is warm and has been on level ground for 30 secs. I find mine is accurate under those conditions, but most will tell you to rely only on the dipstick. Related question: yes it is normal for that oil level (not pressure) gauge to go to zero with the car in motion.

Explore the archives here if you haven't already. You'll learn all you need to know about life with your Pcar.
Old 07-13-2002, 06:08 AM
AGC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for your help. I just got my plates transfered from my Testarossa to the 993. So far I love the way the car handles and drive. It is so much easier to drive than the Testarossa. I know I will have some questions in the future. I am already thinking about adding aluminum kit (brake handle, shift ****, speedo and door sills) in the near future.

Thanks
Argyle
Old 07-13-2002, 06:44 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

[quote]Originally posted by Argyle:
<strong>I am already thinking about adding aluminum kit (brake handle, shift ****, speedo and door sills) in the near future.

Thanks
Argyle</strong><hr></blockquote>

Argyle,

You can check out some pics of the aluminum pieces
<a href="http://p-car.com/porsche/anir/" target="_blank">here</a>

Quick Reply: New 993TT owner need help