Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Max,
Excellent idea, it's done.

Certainly we should be able to get at least one out of that group.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:50 AM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK guys, I'm in, but ya gotta know that I'm going on vacation from 5/31 - 6/8.... so I gotta know how and where to send $$$ before next Monday...
Old 05-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

We now have 5 so we can do the deal.

I will call on Monday, parts department is closed on the weekend, and inform them as follows:

1-We have five for the group buy
2-Give Andrew, the person I’m dealing with, the names of the people who are participating; so each person will need provide me with his name using the email address I've listed below.
3-Suggest that each participant be allowed to pay individually by credit card
4-That once all 5 have left credit card information the order be filled and processed
5-Then all five modules be shipped to me with Weissach paying for shipping, this is what Andrew had previously said he was willing to do
6-I will ship FedEx Ground, insured for $400 each (about the replacement cost) to each individual.

To ship FedEx I will need the following information which should be emailed to me at ron@rennlist.net

A-Name and shipping address
B-Indicate if this is a residence or a business, (rates slightly less to a business)
C-Your telephone number with area code, form asks for this so if they have problems delivering they can call you. If you don’t want to provide number it does not matter to me, I’ll put one of my numbers in the space provided for the person receiving the package..
D-With this information I can compute my cost of shipping and each participant can send me a check for my cost to ship these modules.

I will be out of town from June 2 through June 6 so I can not be reached during that time.

If anyone has a question please ask it in this thread as others may have the same questions.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:02 AM
Feehliks
Instructor

I think there is another reason for the Ruf module. Last time I went there they installed a two-way muffler, equipped with a bypass, in another car. The bypass is engaged by this besaid spoiler module. Using the stock module would leave the exhaust in loud mode virtually permantently, as the spoiler retracts - once engaged - only when you almost come to a complete stop. (Leaves open the question: why not install two modules, one for the exhaust, one for the spoiler?)

It is an official statement by Porsche that the spoiler is not only good for downforce, but also for ventilation. It acts similar to a ram charger to some extend by creating a pressure zone around the open gap (like one of those "air crawler" hoods in 1st gen camaros, which have the air inlet rearwards next to the wipers to make use of the pressure zone in front of the windshield). This is achieved by a black plastic wall which blocks any airflow underneath the spoiler.

Well, I don't think it matters if the spoiler comes out at 50 or 75 mph on the highway. But it certainly makes sense to shut off the bypass at 35 or below, as cruising in town would be quite annoying otherwise.

Best regrads

Felix

One thing about preserving the spoiler motor: after the warning light has come off, extend the spoiler by tapping the switch (as long as the car moves, you do not need to hold the switch). In the next 20 seconds come to a complete stop and the spoiler will permanently remain extended, even after sutting off the car.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Dane k.
Instructor

Thanks Ron..I've emailed you my info
Old 05-30-2004, 01:18 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron I just read this thread. Is it too late or can I jump on the bandwagon. Let me know. I'm going to be out of town from 5/30-6/2.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

cetro,

Yes you can join. Email me the information I requested in my earlier post.

ron
Old 05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Ron I just sent you an email.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2004, 03:00 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

I’ve sent two emails from my rons@knology.net email address, one with instructions on what each participant needs to do and one with a form to be sent to Weissach. I’ve had some problems with my rennlist email address so all replies or questions need to be to this email address.

I will be out of town from June 2 to June 6 so can’t answer any questions during that time period.

If you're in this deal and have not received both emails mentioned above let me know.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:16 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

To: Participants of RUF Spoiler Module Group Buy and anyone else
who wants to participate

I spoke with Andrew at Weissach, the North American distributor for RUF and here is what we need to do.

1-We will be permitted to each use our own credit cards to purchase our modules. To do this each person will need to complete the form that Andrew has provided for distribution to each participant. I will email that form to participants separately. The email will have an attachment which will use Microsoft Word.

2-Fax completed form back to Andrew at Weissach, fax number 1-604-738-8824.

3-Andrew will process order when all 6 people have complied with 1 and 2 herein above.

4-Andrew will ship all 6 modules to me with no shipping or handling charges.

5-I will ship each participant his module.

Each participant needs to send me a check for the shipping cost which I will incur. I will compute this amount and send out an email with each participants cost. The cost to each person will, I’m pretty sure, be about $7.50 to $9.50. Please send your check in a timely manner. I only say this because one of the other group buys I did, Autometrics Jackpoint and towhook group buy, one of the people never reimbursed me and 3 or 2 other took months to send me their check. Thank you for your consideration.

Remember I will be out of town June 2 through June 6th so no questions can be addressed during that time.

If anyone else wants to participate you can probably request in this thread that someone send you a copy of the credit card authorization form.

Ron
Old 06-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Watch My 6
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Can someone please send me the authorization form?

I'd like to participate in the group buy as well. Can someone please send me the form? My email address is: c4s@watchmy6.net

Thanks!

WM6
Old 06-04-2004, 01:11 AM
cetro
Rennlist Member

You have mail.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Watch My 6
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks cetro... I check my email but didn't receive anything yet... Can you resend if possible?

Thanks,

WM6
Old 06-04-2004, 01:11 PM
cetro
Rennlist Member

Its been sent again. Let men know.

Cetro
Old 06-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

By my count there are 7 or us who want this Module. I want to call Andrew at Weissach on Friday to check on the status of our Group Buy.

So if you have sent him the credit card authorization form to purchase yours just reply either here or the the email I have sent each of you that you have done so.

Thanks,
Ron

Quick Reply: Group Buy Spoiler Module