Sponsored by:

Sticky Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 07:11 PM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Sticky Throttle

Lately, I've noticed that when I shift gears, particularly when rpm are around 3k to 4k, there is a slight jump in revs when I push the clutch in. It only jumps up about 50 to 100 rpm then down like it should. To me this feels like a slightly sticky throttle.

I'm not clutching before lifting off the gas. I've paid very close attention to make sure.

Anybody got any thoughts before I start chasing my throttle linkage with a can of WD-40?

TIA!
Old 05-06-2004, 07:38 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Lift your carpet - and remove the floorboard - and clean out under there. My guess? It's in the throttle pedal or where the rod connects into the pedel - or the pivot on the cluster.

If it's NOT there - check that the grommet in the stand-off (on the engine - where the cable rides) has popped out or worked loose.

Oh - I could also be entirely wrong....
Old 05-06-2004, 11:35 PM
campbesl
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

PEDAL CLUSTER!!! Duh! Why didn't I think of that! Thanks for the input John.

Though not officially on the list, I'm heading to Sebring EARLY Saturday morning for a SunCoast DE (I'm pit crewing for a buddy with a '96 TT). There's a slim chance that there'll be an opening for me to drive my rig. SO, tomorrow evening will see me and my tooth brush cleaning the pedal cluster (hey, if it's good enough for my teeth, it's good enough for my Porsche!)

Best Regards! Vroommm!!!

Quick Reply: Sticky Throttle