Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
View Poll Results: What is your Ebay Motors Buy/Sell Experience?
I have purchased a car off Ebay
38.71%
I have not purchased a car off Ebay
46.24%
I have advertised and sold a car thru Ebay
9.68%
I have advertised, but not sold, a car on Ebay
5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Has anybody ever bought a car off of Ebay?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Stu
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JAGO1224 - amazing story!!!

I thought it would be "safe" to buy a car from a dealer on Ebay- thinking the business owner would be more honest than "joe-public", figuring the business owner has more to loose. Big mistake!! Bought an '85 Ferrari 308QV from Buxton Motorsports on Ebay and I was very disappointed, as he was not anywhere near honest with his description of the vehicle.

Second time around I decided to buy from a private Ebayer, so I picked
up my '98 993. Honest description of the car - absolutely no disappointments!

JIM - All in all, I think it's best when you can buy locally, but Ebay can be an excellent resource as well! Good luck.
Old 05-08-2004, 01:47 PM
jjguitarranch

Rennlist Member

Jim,

I would continue to use ebay as a tool. Personally I would not bid on or buy a car I did not drive or see in person even if a PPI came back OK and the seller seemed to be OK. Thats just me.

If you see something on ebay that interests you try to see it in person and if everything checks out offer to buy it on the spot with cash. My old BMW was on ebay for a day. A guy from Staten Island came by my house with his son and his mechanic. The son liked it, the mechanic said everything checked out and the father had cash on hand. I accepted his offer and everyone was happy.

If you are patient you can find just about anything in our area. Try:
http://www.cars.com/go/index.jsp?aff=nyjnews
Old 05-10-2004, 11:17 AM
uptheorg
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

To Everyone:

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I feel much more comfortable about making a deal on an Ebay car now. Checking out a local car would be no less arduous than checking one on Ebay, although it might require an airflight rather than a long drive!

Sorry the poll did not allow for the possibility that you bought and sold. I guess I was trying to keep it down to the fewest possible radio buttons . . .

Quick Reply: Has anybody ever bought a car off of Ebay?!?