Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tail light clusters: Need connectors for side lights.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 11:20 AM
SLVR
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tail light clusters: Need connectors for side lights.

I am hoping somebody can help me out here on an unexpected problem. To get my US spec 993 TUV approved here in Germany, I needed rear foglights (and swith to euro spec taillights). The dealer told me I needed a wiring harness and I said no problem....they installed faultlessly. Unfortunately it was a replacement for the entire harness that connects the rear lights, not an additional one for the rear fog lights. By the time I realized (when I popped in some used light clusters) what happened my US harness had disappeared in their dumpster.

The problem is that on the new harness there are no connectors for the side lights (the small ones in front of the indicators). I won't swap the harness back when the car returns to the states but I will piggy back the side lights from the main tail lights. I just need to find the two connectors or a harness from somebody parting out a car. Anybody have something like that lying around in the part bin??

TIA
LV
Old 05-06-2004, 10:39 AM
SLVR
Pro

bump....

(BTW, I have a US mailing address. :-)
Old 05-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm sure you can find This with LA Porsche - http://911pcar.com/ .

So do you have the rear fog lights now? I thought they came built into the rear center reflector, but with the wires unplugged. My old Carrera had this and it would have been a pretty easy conversion to bring them to life.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:51 AM
SLVR
Pro

Hi Rick,

Yes I have the foglights working now with the complete orig. kit. Unfortunately the US harness simply does not have the wires for the foglighs at all. (See P-car.com)

So, I have a new shiny harness in the back (right up to the front) but when I get back to DC in '06 I'll be short the connectors for the side lights.

BTW, finally got my plates today. He first offered one letter and two numbers, I opted for T93 but it didn't fit the 12" plate (I have HG as jurisdiction), so I got Q9. Suffice to say I am on cloud 9!!

Quick Reply: Tail light clusters: Need connectors for side lights.