Sponsored by: DashLynx

Frunk light will not shut off, even when latch closed

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 04:49 PM
Ffre92
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jay@EZimmoblock.com
If the low side of the frunk bub is shorted to the chassis it's interpreted by the ACU as door open or frunk open, regardless of whether the fuse is in or not. To understand why, see wiring diagram. It would have to be the BR/WH wire touching the chassis, not the RED (shorted RED would blow the fuse). Maybe when you took the bulb out, the BR/WH contact sprung away from the chassis?
thanks for the explanation, ur right, I can’t rule out the BR contact with chassis. Fwiw I did hose down the the underside of the frunk lid, and kept it open to dry, so I can imagine water draining towards that bulb, maybe that’s what shorted it
Old 09-11-2022, 04:51 PM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 379 Likes on 224 Posts

Yeah, was wondering what the connection to the battery event was
Old 09-15-2022, 06:12 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,452 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Ffre92
Fixed!!! It was the bulb! Didn’t look like there was contact, but there was a a fair bit of white corrosion on the red wire contacts. I cleaned it off and, voila, everything works perfectly, double alarm blink went away too.

I can’t thank you enough. Yet another example of what a wonderful community rennlist is!

Positive experiences like this definitely give me more confidence to try more diy work. Next up is fixing my brake beep when the airbag frame arrives…
Ffree,
Alarm & Immobilizer issues are almost always bulb or switch wiring connection issues, glad it's all sorted out.
Andy
The following users liked this post:
Ffre92 (09-15-2022)

Quick Reply: Frunk light will not shut off, even when latch closed