Sponsored by:

New Sparco Harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:47 AM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sparco Harness

Has anyone purchased any new Sparco Harnesses lately? I just got mine and they are a little different than the old ones. First of all they are FIA certified and don't expire until 2009 (wow). But now for the part that puzzles me; the camlock is fixed on the substrap rather than like the old one which was fixed on the lap belt. I'm not sure I like the idea of it there. At least you could move the old one on the lap belt out of the way when using the 3 point belts. I'm not sure how I'm going to do it now. Looks like I'll just have to unhook it until I use it.

Does anyone know if you can change the position of no-releasable point of a camlock? I’ve asked Sparco, but have not heard back.

George
Old 05-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

George,

I would suggest trying the Schroth harnesses. The camlock is easy to operate (attached to the lap belt) and adjusting them is a snap. I felt they were more user-friendly than the Sparcos.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:48 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the advice Matt. I'm kind of strange in my liking for Sparco stuff. I kind of want to do all the same brand, you know the like the “carpet matching the drapes” thing.

George

Quick Reply: New Sparco Harness