993 Forum 1995-1998

Transaxle List

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:09 PM
maurice97C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scott, you may be interested to know that several Ultima builders hang out on pistonheads.com, some of them are also Porsche experienced, if not current owners. They turned out at a couple of our runway days - one CanAm, one GTR.

I would imagine the G50/20 would be pretty good, if more expensive than a five speed. Ultimate would be G64/51 (TT) internals in a 2 wheel drive box.

Cheers, Maurice
Old 05-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Builder
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by maurice97C2S
Scott, you may be interested to know that several Ultima builders hang out on pistonheads.com, some of them are also Porsche experienced, if not current owners. They turned out at a couple of our runway days - one CanAm, one GTR.

I would imagine the G50/20 would be pretty good, if more expensive than a five speed. Ultimate would be G64/51 (TT) internals in a 2 wheel drive box.

Cheers, Maurice
Thanks, Maruice. Yes, I have been reading the PistonHeads board extensively. And, I have heard that the G64 was used in the 4x, but there are a couple of Ultima kits running around with them. So, they must be able to modify the G64 for 2x drive.

Thanks for the input and I feel like I am getting closer to the decision. I will probably have a first and second choice -- based on price.

Thanks again!
Regards,

Quick Reply: Transaxle List