Sponsored by:

rear seatbelt and rear shelf help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 07:31 AM
brokerben
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 16 Posts
Default rear seatbelt and rear shelf help please

Can anyone chime in on this rear seat belt and rear shelf set up? I'm looking at this c2s to buy but I noticed it's missing part of the rear seatbelts. After searching some more, it appears the rear shelf looks different so my question is did 1998 c2s all come with 3 point seat belts? I didn't get a shot of the speakers but they are there. The leather has holes and the speakers are under (similar to older 911s). Thoughts?

Owner says he wasn't sure and nothing was changed back there but I'm not finding any pics of other interiors that support this is original....but I'm also new to 993s. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:12 AM
KingTubby
Banned

Received 165 Likes on 83 Posts

notice there are no rear speakers on that rear shelf either. It also appears to have leather stitching.

looks like the PO either swapped out the rear shelf or had it re-upholstered to delete where the seat belts are mounted. Clearly you can see the missing portion where the wear marks are by the rear door cards.

two things to consider - did the PO leave the seatbelts inside (fully retracted and hidden) inside the rear shelf or did they remove them?

Personally If I was determined to own this car I would have it professionally cleaned and delete the rear seatbelts that remain. No one is gonna sit back there.

BTW is it me or is that interior really dirty? looks greyish-blue and dirt marks everywhere.
Old 07-20-2022, 08:30 AM
brokerben
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by KingTubby
notice there are no rear speakers on that rear shelf either. It also appears to have leather stitching.

looks like the PO either swapped out the rear shelf or had it re-upholstered to delete where the seat belts are mounted. Clearly you can see the missing portion where the wear marks are by the rear door cards.

two things to consider - did the PO leave the seatbelts inside (fully retracted and hidden) inside the rear shelf or did they remove them?

Personally If I was determined to own this car I would have it professionally cleaned and delete the rear seatbelts that remain. No one is gonna sit back there.

BTW is it me or is that interior really dirty? looks greyish-blue and dirt marks everywhere.
thanks...... speakers are there... the leather has holes like older 911s.... it's weird for the 993. I prob should pull the shelf and inspect.....and yes car needs a deep detail.

Old 07-20-2022, 10:07 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Hi Ben,
It may have been the previous owner who had a car seat at one time and altered things to strap it in. It explains the dirt and belt modification. Having no rear deck speakers is a plus in my view.
I believe all 993 came with 3-point seatbelts and speakers in the rear deck unless a special order was done.
Andy

Quick Reply: rear seatbelt and rear shelf help please