Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Going to the Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 02:14 AM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, Todd's new rules (part of insurance reqs) indicate no passengers unless you want them to ride with an instructor. FYI. Unless, you are signing your son up for driving too which could be fun.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:47 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Icerbofh,

Kary's offer to show me around applies to the POC/PCA huge event at California Speeday the previous weekend (May 15th). Its at that event that there will be "parade laps" at lunch to get folks a chance to drive on the track. No helmets or saftey gear, so not very fast. But it'll be fun to get out on that banking.

You are correct about passengers at Willow Springs. I believe its a track rule, not a "host" rule. My son is a LONG ways from getting either of our cars on a track, especially a fast track like Willow.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:12 PM
nman413
Drifting

Ah gotcha.

Just saw a video of two cars side by side at Willow. Man, that is a fast track.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:20 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Steve,

If your cell phone goes off during a run, you're supposed to glance at your instructor , preferably in a fast sweeper, and ask "Mind if I get that?"

(Apologies to whoever posted that they did that , but it cracked me up)
Old 05-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

That would be me Last Saturday I'd told a couple of other instructors about that gag from my first DE weekend four years ago, and they said, 'So YOU'RE the one!'. Apparently that story had made the rounds at our club, but the guilty party had been forgotten.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:57 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

As far as keeping the car pristine, I basically tape the crap out of it. Won't help with big rocks, but does help with cleanup and keeping little crap away. As you can see, I use a bra on the hood, but I put microfiber underneath it, then tape it down with high temp painter's tape. I also tape the wheel wells with 2 layers...green super high temp (since rear wells get so hot from exhaust), topped with a second coat of the blue. The 2nd coat is for extra protection, but also because the neon green is so damn ricer.

What you can't see is the Invinca-shield near headlights and all over the nose. I'm considering mirror bras for the mirrors, depending upon the results from another post.

Quick Reply: Going to the Track