Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM 993 cabriolet Wind deflector what are these two missing parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 12:30 PM
RockstarBruski

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts
Default OEM 993 cabriolet Wind deflector what are these two missing parts?

I recently bought a used OEM wind deflector out of a 95 993 cab for my 95 993 cab and have some questions:
1. Does anyone have or know of installation instructions online? I can't find any in my searches.

2. I am missing a a bolt that has a plastic cap on it pictured below. What does this bolt do? Is it essential to the operation?

Missing bolt with plastic cap

Pic of all the hardware that comes with a new wind deflector.

3. I am missing an orange plastic cover on the right pivot arm pictured below. What does that do and is it essential to the operation of the deflector and can it be replaced if i can order a new casing from somewhere?

Missing orange casing on pivot arm located on the far left of this picture. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by RockstarBruski; 06-05-2022 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:11 AM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

the orange plastic cap (993 561 715 00) secures the windscreen into the upright position.
the missing bolt with plastic cap (993 561 721 00) screws into the cab top frame, when the plastic cap is removed a ball head is on the end.
the ball head fits the windscreen where the orange cap locks it into the upright position.
you'll want both of those to lock the windscreen into the upright position.

the orange plastic cap is riveted in place to an arm that is also riveted to the windscreen frame.
make sure your windscreen has that arm also. it is about 6cm long and just flops around off the end of the windscreen frame.
it is not listed as a separate part, so you'd have to get it made if it is missing.

Old 06-06-2022, 12:18 PM
RockstarBruski

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by k722070
the orange plastic cap (993 561 715 00) secures the windscreen into the upright position.
the missing bolt with plastic cap (993 561 721 00) screws into the cab top frame, when the plastic cap is removed a ball head is on the end.
the ball head fits the windscreen where the orange cap locks it into the upright position.
you'll want both of those to lock the windscreen into the upright position.

the orange plastic cap is riveted in place to an arm that is also riveted to the windscreen frame.
make sure your windscreen has that arm also. it is about 6cm long and just flops around off the end of the windscreen frame.
it is not listed as a separate part, so you'd have to get it made if it is missing.
ok thank you very much for the helpful detailed information and part numbers! I really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: OEM 993 cabriolet Wind deflector what are these two missing parts?