Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HWFM Racing Report: Turtles sunning on the High Banks at Rennsport Reunion II

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

WOW, what a weekend. Definitely Porsche overload.

The racing looked exciting (I know my dad enjoyed it as he couldn't stop talking about it) and i think the PCA racers gained a lot of respect, judging from what some people said i think they expected a ton of wrecks.

The only negative was the security, they were a bunch of jackasses. Every morning they tried to tell us we couldn't bring our tow rig into the paddock. On top of that they would talk down to you and treat you like you were totally incompetent.

But other than that, it was incredible.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Greg

No thank you

I never wouldn't have been there if you hadn't called me on my having second thoughts on not attending a week before the event.

I appreciated you passing along the extra hotel room to me, providing a place to hang, and a chance to live vicariously. You are the devil.

At RRIII, I will be on the track, and not just in the infield, even if I have to ship the car to France.

Thanks Buddy.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Phil,
I never made it back over to thank you for letting me borrow your window cleaner while I was in line to grid. I take it that was you. I was impressed with how few incidents or yellows we had for our race. The 944's did a good job of watching their mirrors and staying low on the banking. The practice sessions didn't start off good but everyone was well behaved for the race. I heard a lot of the 944 racers were SCCA ITS guys.

Mike,
France sounds like a good time. Might be able to rent a ride as well if that happens. I for one will be at RRIII.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:35 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Mike,

Pancho Carter is in the lastest issue of SI. BTW, very cool Avatar.

Dave
Old 04-27-2004, 11:00 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm clearly convinced that I made one of my larger mistakes in life by not going to this event - I had no idea it was this big.
Without question, I'll be at RR 3.
Greg - give me a ring on the cell when you have a chance; would like to catch up.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Dave

Thanks, I'll check it out. Having seen a few cars positioned like Panchos when I raced formula cars (you get a good view of the action from the back of the pack, I decided to switch to PCA club racing). And very funny signature line.

Mick
I've reconsidered. If you can help the team acquire #956-001, you can keep it in your garage half of the year. Does November through April work for you?

Quick Reply: HWFM Racing Report: Turtles sunning on the High Banks at Rennsport Reunion II