Sponsored by:

Looking for 97 or 98 C2S or C4S

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2001, 07:21 PM
D.G..
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Looking for 97 or 98 C2S or C4S

My brother has been drooling over my '95 Cab ever since I got it and has decided to replace his 964 with a 993. He is looking for a '97 or '98 wide body, either C2 or C4. Any ideas where he should look? He lives in the SF area, but is willing to travel for the right car.

Thanks, Dave
Old 06-22-2001, 12:48 AM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Dave '95 Cab:
<STRONG>My brother has been drooling over my '95 Cab ever since I got it and has decided to replace his 964 with a 993. He is looking for a '97 or '98 wide body, either C2 or C4. Any ideas where he should look? He lives in the SF area, but is willing to travel for the right car.

Thanks, Dave</STRONG>
Have him go here:
http://www.rpmsportscars.com

Ray will treat you right and he has plenty of cars to choose from... C2S, C4S, Turbos...

-Matt
Old 06-22-2001, 01:29 AM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I searched the internet for my TT, mostly classified ads. I was fed up by going to dealerships and places like those where they were sooo snobby. It just didn't feel right to pay for the "priviledge" to buy a car from them. Of course, your experiences may be different.

Regardless, be sure that you get a PPI ( pre purchase inspection ) and really give the car a good once over yourself. I was too excited to get my car that I overlooked some details, which I would have liked to known about. It wouldn't have stopped me from buying my car though..

I actually bought my car in Denver and drove back to CA. I live on the peninsula. It was a great road trip and had a chance to let her open it.

The prices for those C4s' on the RPM site seem a touch high and I think that you could definately bargain with them a bit, esp with the economy the way it is now. Those are the same prices I was facing 1 year ago, when the market was still flying high. I think that you could get that car for low to mid 60's. Heck, if you wanted to spend a bit more, i've seen some TT's going for the low 80's. Have you considered that?

I was also looking for a C4s initially, but decided to get a TT for the power, built in performance, and the classic car "heritage." I've heard the resale of older TT's are pretty good, although I don't plan on selling mine anytime soon.

If you want to do the dealership route, the ones that I have been to are Carlsen in Palo Alto and Rector in Burlingame. In the city, I have only been to one place called Cars Baliyick (sp?). It's on a street parallel to vanness, around the AMC theatre. They have great high end/classic cars of all types, but they were the most snooty.

Good luck!

Jeff

[ 06-22-2001: Message edited by: Jeff 993TT ]
Old 06-22-2001, 07:25 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Dave - he should take a look at California Motorsport in Sunnyvale ( http://cgi.calmotorsport.com/~calmot...view=Inventory ). Sandy and Michael (the two salesmen) are very knowledgeable and can look for what he wants. I just bought my C4 Cabrio from them and paid right around wholesale bluebook. If you go with your brother and hsow up in your 993, I am sure they will let you drive any of the cars they have in stock (something many places will not do).

I bought my first Porsche (an 87 Coupe) from Rector in Burlingame and they were fine - but I concur with Jeff's basic assessment of the local dealers.

eBay is also a good place to look. You can generally contact the seller directly and negotiate with them outside the scope of the auction and if you reach a deal they can end the auction. I just saw what looked to be a beautiful 1996 TT with under 6K sell for 80K - that is a great deal if the car checks out.
Old 06-23-2001, 08:52 PM
Jim 97 C4S
Track Day

Avoid RPM Sports Cars and Ray Joseph like the plague, he lies through his teeth. I have done business with him and wish I had never heard of him. Check the archives for other opinions.
Old 06-25-2001, 01:17 PM
D.G..
Instructor

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!
My brother bought John Copeland's 98 C2S Saturday. Great car. Here are the details:
98C2S, Arctic Silver w/classic grey leather, 15000 miles, 18" Technology Wheels, Big Red brakes, Sport suspension (bilstein/H&R/TRG), Motor Sound package. Very reasonable price. Thanks John!!
Now I'm the one doing the drooling!
Dave

[ 06-25-2001: Message edited by: Dave '95 Cab ]
Old 06-25-2001, 01:32 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Smile

Hey Dave,

I contacted John too last week through email. And yesterday I got a reply from him stating that the car has just been sold.

I guess I'm a bit too late

Btw I was on the phone talking to this other guy in San Jose who was selling his 1998 Silver C2S as well. His asking price was $65k but then there were at least 2 or 3 people who were interested with the car and one of them bid $68k for it and got the car.

All I can say, this car (Silver C2S) is very hot in the bay area eh?

I'm still looking for one...

Thanx,
pin
Old 06-25-2001, 04:22 PM
NickA
Advanced

Hi Pin - a friend of mine from Metro NY PCA had a C2S or C4S in silver for sale a little while ago - Wayne Vitale - don't know if the car is still available, but you may want to look him up. Try the Metro PCA classifieds at Metro PCA webpage link (or buy my TT instead? :-) ).... Good luck!

- Nick
ncamos@bellatlantic.net
My 993TT for sale webpage
Old 06-25-2001, 05:16 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Smile

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your referral. Unfortunately New York is a bit far from here (San Jose, CA) so I think I'll have to skip this one.

Your car is extremely nice Nick, I wish I had the money to purchase one but $100k is way off my budget.

Thank you,
pin
Old 06-25-2001, 05:33 PM
Jeff 993Turbo
Intermediate

Hey Suwipin...

I flew out to Denver and drove mine back to the Peninsula. It was a blast!!!! I can just imagine what better time I would have driving cross country in a TT!

Also, I heard that there are some restrictions on bringing in a car to CA with less than 10K miles. The cross country trip would push it over just at the right time!

The photos in the ad look beautiful!

Jeff
Old 06-25-2001, 05:38 PM
Darryl
Advanced

Unhappy

Dave,

I've just decided to sell my '98 993 C2S blk/blk. The car is in immaculate condition with only 13K miles. Recent warranty work big $$$. I'm going to pursue that '96/'97 993 TT dream...

Email me if you are interested:

leed012@hawaii.rr.com
Old 06-25-2001, 08:14 PM
mjc
Intermediate

There's a few dealers in the Bay area who has the wide body cars,

in San Jose, try roadsport sales (http://www.roadsportsales.com/),
in Sunnyvale (as Bill mentioned), try Cal Motorsports (http://cgi.calmotorsport.com/~calmotor/cgi-bin/website_view.cgi),
in SF, try Cars Dawydiak (http://www.carsauto.com/),
In Sacramento, try Niello Porsche (http://www.porsche.niello.com/inventory),
in palo alto, try Stanford European, (http://www.stanfordeuropean.com/),
or Carlsen Porsche (http://www.stanfordeuropean.com/).

All these dealers have at least one wide body car, either C4S or C2S.

Good luck,

Regards,
Old 06-25-2001, 08:28 PM
roger sf
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
As an aside, I purchased my '96 993TT in CT and had it shipped to SF. When I went to register the car the CA DMV required a visual inspection of the "CA Emmissions Certified" label to confirm that the car was CA smog compliant. This wasn't just the normal smog test, but a confirmation that the car was manufactured to meet CA smog. I was advised that this special inspection is required when a car has less than 7500 miles. Don't know if the mileage varies by year or if the 7500 is a firm number.

The Porsche is 50 state legal and my guess is that most if not all manufacturers build their cars this way, so the whole thing is essentially a "make work" excercise.
Old 06-25-2001, 08:35 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Smile

Hi Ron,

I've just emailed you.

Thanx,
pin
Old 06-25-2001, 09:23 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'