https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/2...023-28040.html

https://www.pca.org/news/rennsport-r...nnounced-later

Old 05-18-2022, 03:52 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by anguilla1980
Thanks for the update!!!!

What hotels are recommended which have the safest parking for us to bring our 993? I plan on letting Grundy know but I'm not sure what their requirements will be for an event like this until business hours tomorrow.
It's Monterey/Carmel area - you'll be fine!
Old 05-18-2022, 04:24 PM
anguilla1980
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBen
It's Monterey/Carmel area - you'll be fine!
Haha, very not true. The downtown, light industrial areas, and some hotels in that location are places I would not trust my 993 left alone, especially overnight.
The following users liked this post:
slipaway37 (09-06-2023)
Old 05-22-2022, 08:36 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePhanatic
Most hotels won’t let you book this early but AirBNBs usually do.

And, unfortunately, can be canceled fairly easily.
Old 09-22-2022, 05:40 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Angry ticket website: the 10th Circle of Hell that Dante never warned us about

The ticket website opened early for PCA members, what an absolutely CRAP experience: pages freezing, error messages "event is unavailable due to heavy demand" - they sold 40,000 last time and there are 140,000+ PCA members - did they think they were going to get 6 or 7 interested buyers today?

I have a strong suspicion that this was mostly out of PCA's hands since they generally seem well run and organized. From what I can tell the website Tix.com is contracted by Laguna Seca. I really hate to wish this on anyone, but whoever did the capacity planning / testing and UAT at Tix.com really should be out of a job - I can't imagine they are happy in their work anyway as the lack of pride of craft is glaringly obvious.

Took me well over 2 hours to get a ticket for general admission, paddock for 993, and corral (whatever that is). One of the most frustrating online experiences of my entire life, and that is saying something.

Oh, and there's also a "Legends Club” VIP package for an eye watering $600 per adult, which includes food & wine... better be supplying Dom Perignon for subscribers to wash down their caviar, lobster, foie gras, and beer-fed hand massaged Kobe beef directly imported from Japan. Interestingly, the VIP package includes admission and paddock parking – if you buy at least 3 tickets… because yeah everyone with a 2-seater Porsche is somehow going to bring 3 people. Makes absolutely zero sense. Also, the info says Sept 28 – Oct 1 (4 days) vs description that says “3 day admission”, so it’s only for 3 days, unless it’s for 4 days, glad we clarified that one.

Anyway I am confident that when we hit the ground PCA will have it all well organized and running smoothly, and that PCNA will likewise have their part running like the assembly line at Stuttgart.

Last edited by bcameron59; 09-22-2022 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Hell has more circles than I remembered
anguilla1980 (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 06:34 PM
anguilla1980
Racer

I managed to just a little bit ago FINALLY buy GA/paddock + 993 corral and a 3 day GA/paddock for my son to go with me.

I agree, it was an absolute cluster Fu*k. Even when a page would load and I could add a ticket to my cart, there was no way to check out or view the damn cart! On reload, it would also say cart empty so I couldn't add 2 different tickets or it would forget one. Only once it started working hours later did it forward to a cart after adding something and load the cookies so you could keep shopping for additional items then it load to check out. Total amateur hour at their IT department for sure. Server demand should not have been an issue if foretasted correctly, as load increased beyond demand, additional virtual servers should automatically startup to load-balance. None of this was planned for and I hope the event runners will NEVER use Tix.com again.

Sad part is, I would have bought 2 for the Legends Club IF it had been available as an upgrade but it wasn't, it's stand-alone and doesn't even come with corral parking! What a bunch of crap.

Where did you see that Legends VIP came with paddock parking? It only says "preferred parking" which is what, between general parking and corral? It doesn't even specify....

Last edited by anguilla1980; 09-22-2022 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:04 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by bcameron59
The ticket website opened early for PCA members, what an absolutely CRAP experience: pages freezing, error messages "event is unavailable due to heavy demand" - they sold 40,000 last time and there are 140,000+ PCA members - did they think they were going to get 6 or 7 interested buyers today?

I have a strong suspicion that this was mostly out of PCA's hands since they generally seem well run and organized. From what I can tell the website Tix.com is contracted by Laguna Seca. I really hate to wish this on anyone, but whoever did the capacity planning / testing and UAT at Tix.com really should be out of a job - I can't imagine they are happy in their work anyway as the lack of pride of craft is glaringly obvious.

Took me well over 2 hours to get a ticket for general admission, paddock for 993, and corral (whatever that is). One of the most frustrating online experiences of my entire life, and that is saying something.

Oh, and there's also a "Legends Club” VIP package for an eye watering $600 per adult, which includes food & wine... better be supplying Dom Perignon for subscribers to wash down their caviar, lobster, foie gras, and beer-fed hand massaged Kobe beef directly imported from Japan. Interestingly, the VIP package includes admission and paddock parking – if you buy at least 3 tickets… because yeah everyone with a 2-seater Porsche is somehow going to bring 3 people. Makes absolutely zero sense. Also, the info says Sept 28 – Oct 1 (4 days) vs description that says “3 day admission”, so it’s only for 3 days, unless it’s for 4 days, glad we clarified that one.

Anyway I am confident that when we hit the ground PCA will have it all well organized and running smoothly, and that PCNA will likewise have their part running like the assembly line at Stuttgart.

Interesting... I just ordered my VIP tickets and it was a completely delightful experience.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:09 PM
anguilla1980
Racer

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Interesting... I just ordered my VIP tickets and it was a completely delightful experience.
7hrs ago and for a few hours after you would have given up and said screw it.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:23 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Funny you mention that, I was just about to order a non-parking GA/Paddock ticket for my wife (available under her PCA number) when she informed me that she wanted the VIP experience with the shaded parking, catered food, wine and beer, private toilets, backrubs, mani/pedicures, attendants fanning you with giant ostrich feathers etc etc.

Since my first ticket was non-refundable I got on the phone and called the Laguna Seca number, expecting the worst in terms of wait time. I was the 5th caller and got through in less than 10 minutes, spoke with an extremely helpful and pleasant customer service rep who very efficiently did the upgrade for us and answered some questions about the event as I'm a first timer.

A vastly different experience. I am all happy again and looking forward to next year! The Laguna Seca customer service rep needs to be promoted, and the Tix programmer needs to... find an alternate livelihood.

Last edited by bcameron59; 09-22-2022 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:41 PM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

I called the Laguna Seca customer rep to upgrade from GA/paddock/corral to VIP (Legends Club). I got more info on the parking, apparently it is tent shaded close by the stands, but is NOT with like vehicles (993s in our case). Probably just as well as this spares me the potential humiliation of parking next to something far nicer than mine, like a turbo in arena red for example.

Everything you described on the website was exactly what I experienced. I looked at Tix.com's website and they claim to be cloud hosted so the load balancing should absolutely have been automatic. Hope the event runner has a hefty penalty clause for non-performance in their contract with Tix.com.

Originally Posted by anguilla1980
I managed to just a little bit ago FINALLY buy GA/paddock + 993 corral and a 3 day GA/paddock for my son to go with me.

I agree, it was an absolute cluster Fu*k. Even when a page would load and I could add a ticket to my cart, there was no way to check out or view the damn cart! On reload, it would also say cart empty so I couldn't add 2 different tickets or it would forget one. Only once it started working hours later did it forward to a cart after adding something and load the cookies so you could keep shopping for additional items then it load to check out. Total amateur hour at their IT department for sure. Server demand should not have been an issue if foretasted correctly, as load increased beyond demand, additional virtual servers should automatically startup to load-balance. None of this was planned for and I hope the event runners will NEVER use Tix.com again.

Sad part is, I would have bought 2 for the Legends Club IF it had been available as an upgrade but it wasn't, it's stand-alone and doesn't even come with corral parking! What a bunch of crap.

Where did you see that Legends VIP came with paddock parking? It only says "preferred parking" which is what, between general parking and corral? It doesn't even specify....
anguilla1980 (09-22-2022)
Old 09-22-2022, 11:50 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

Hopefully Hagerty has a hospitality tent for its insured like at this year's Motorsport reunion. Then certainly no need to pay for the legends club.
Old 09-23-2022, 12:03 PM
anguilla1980
Racer

Originally Posted by bcameron59
I called the Laguna Seca customer rep to upgrade from GA/paddock/corral to VIP (Legends Club). I got more info on the parking, apparently it is tent shaded close by the stands, but is NOT with like vehicles (993s in our case). Probably just as well as this spares me the potential humiliation of parking next to something far nicer than mine, like a turbo in arena red for example.

Everything you described on the website was exactly what I experienced. I looked at Tix.com's website and they claim to be cloud hosted so the load balancing should absolutely have been automatic. Hope the event runner has a hefty penalty clause for non-performance in their contract with Tix.com.
Good to know, thanks!

What's also suspicious to me is how the tickets for the $1K VIP boxes sold out within the first 15mins even tho the site was slammed and broken. Seems like an insider scooped them up or maybe a flipper was slamming the traffic to get them.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:09 AM
TuvaD
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 76 Posts

Any thoughts on whether the $2K per person Start/Finish Club hospitality package might be worth it?

https://www.tix.com/ticket-sales/ren...event/1335869?
Old 09-15-2023, 09:07 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 619 Likes on 304 Posts

I have a 4 day general admission, paddock ticket for sale, can mail it to buyer or meet in local area I will be in Salinas starting Wednesday the 27th. $150
Rich

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion VII