Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need South Orange County Stereo referral (V-1 install)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 06:42 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Need South Orange County Stereo referral (V-1 install)

I need to have my V-1 radar detector hot wired into my 993tt and would appreciate a referral to a south Orange County stereo shop. I plan to hang it from the passenger visor as I did in my previous 993 unless someone has a better idea.

Thanks!

Bill
Old 07-06-2002, 03:38 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 161 Likes on 82 Posts
Hey Bill,

In my experience with a V1 I have noticed on several different cars that the visor clip does not work very well.
It is difficult to aim the V1 correctly with the clip mount.
I would recommend you hanging the V1 high with the suction mount on the front window.

Sorry I can't help recommend a shop for you but any stereo place should be able to do it quite easily. It's a simple install.

good luck.
Old 07-06-2002, 04:19 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi B-Line,

I had it mounted that way in my '96. FYI, I used a little squezy stress ball (about 2' in dia.) that I had laying around. It kept the visor from laying flat against the headliner and the V1 level. Simple but effective.

I'm always affraid of the V1 falling off of the widow, which does happen it seems. If others were having success with this I'd like to know.

Regards,

Bill
Old 07-06-2002, 04:43 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Hey Bill,

Sounds like a good idea. FYI, in my 6yrs of owning a V1, I've never had it fall off the window. It just needs a good lick on the suction cup.

And, by mounting it on the window, the passenger can still use the sunshade if need be.

but I don't see any reason not to clip hang it if you have it worked out right..
Old 07-06-2002, 04:45 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Oh yeah,

One more thing,

I would seriously consider getting the concealed display before you do the install. That way they can do it all at once.

I've found the concealed display to be extremely useful. It keeps "hangers" from staying on your tail because they know you have a radar.
Also, in my experience, Police don't love drivers who have radars. By using the concealed display, it's much harder for the man to know your using one..
Old 07-06-2002, 10:01 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill, if its not too far Jamey at Paris Audio is very experienced with Porsches and did my V-1 & concealed display install. He is near Century City.

<a href="http://www.parisaudio.com" target="_blank">Paris Audio</a>

Quick Reply: Need South Orange County Stereo referral (V-1 install)