Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRG sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts
This is quite perplexing. In a solid bar, I cannot see why a bushing stop was not welded in as the factory unit. Of course, if the anti roll bar was 4130 tube (as tended to be ARB's of works race cars as such bars are very much lighter), welding could produce weak spots and a collar, such as the below pictures of a titanium collar weighing 60 grams, might be used. But, then, again, the question is one of producing a collar with an appropriate securing mechanism!

Old 01-03-2003, 06:35 PM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Robert:

The collars that are supplied with the TRG solid bar are very similar to the pictures you posted except they do not have what appears in your photos to be a set screw. Additionally, the supplied collars are not a perfect fit when bolted tightly to the bar. Lastly, and as mentioned before, the collars are butted against the aluminum front sub frame to limit lateral movement; however, a relatively small percentage of the collars actually contact the sub frame. If a proper “stop” could be welded onto the bar so that they would contact the rubber/plastic bushings, I think the bars would be great. As Steve W. mentioned in his post, very similarly sized OEM bars are available from Porsche Motorsport if you know what you want.

Hank
Old 01-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts
Thank you Hank. It would appear that there are two viable solutions -- weld a stop in or buy factory bars (i.e., the type of stop I have pictured is not a solution in this instance due to cost considerations). The former solution would be less expensive and I would imagine that TRG could do this with minimal difficulty.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George, remember that the TRG RSR setup is simply custom valved Bilstein's with Eibach springs. TRG didn't really manufacture them.

Get the factory bars (RS or Supercup). That way, there won't be any compromise. And most of all, you'll be happy.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:11 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matt,

Couldn't agree with more. That's exactly where I'm headed. BTW, my setup came with Faulkner springs.

George

Quick Reply: TRG sway bars