For those of you looking for Clear Euro Turnsignals

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 06:00 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default For those of you looking for Clear Euro Turnsignals

I just picked up a pair from www.departstop.com for $89+Shipping. These are the cheapest I found anywhere. Avg.price was around $160 elesewhere.

They said they have about 50 in stock.

No affliation etc.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:10 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 492 Posts

Thanks for the tip Sachin. Are these cut down already to fit the regular bumper or are they the full length as for the turbo bumper?

Jamie
Old 04-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

These are full length. You will need to trim & seal if used with the bumperettes.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:07 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you have some sort of discount? I just emailed them and was told they are 119 ea w/ bumperettes, 99 w/o, plus shipping.

Did I miss something on special?
Old 04-17-2004, 08:24 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

He also sells the short clear unit-I bought one and am pleased with it. The only downside was that it came with a single filiment amber bulb. The easy way around that was to just use the existing recepticle and buy the 1157 bulbs-I wanted silver stars anyway. I emailed them for advice and received no reply. So-IMHO-my experience was that the price and parts were good, although the recepticle was Euro spec, but the follow up and assistance after the sale were nonexistant.

Al
Old 04-17-2004, 09:48 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by 993Maineiac
The only downside was that it came with a single filiment amber bulb.
Al
All of the clear (Euro) lenses come w/a single filament fitting & bulb which is the correct Euro configuration. Everyone who has them in the US should have tossed the single filament socket & bulb & used the oem dual filament socket & a clear or amber 1157 bulb. What you received seems to have been correct.

BTW, many threads have discussed all this.
Old 04-18-2004, 12:19 AM
jdoc7
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Learn from my mistake!

I ordered a set of clears from Gert which are the long, euro versions. I cut them down today and the lenses are cracked all over. No, I did not put any significant pressure on them when they were cut. I used a dremel with cutting blade that actually did a great job on the cutting. I also did something which, in hindsight, was really stupid. When you cut the lenses, much of the debris will collect inside the housing and you must flush it out. I used distilled water and then I used 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Bad move! The cracks just got bigger, the seam between the lens and housing started separating and the chrome finish inside and outside started wearing off. Damn! I should have known! If this will save you guys from making the same mistake, then Great! I guess I'll just buy them cut down already. Oh well, at least I tried and $122 isn't all that much in the greater scheme of things.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:44 AM
Luis A.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

I just sucked up all the post-cutting debris with the shop vac through the bulb socket and whack the assembly lightly so the particles dislodge.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:26 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

My bad. My post may have come across as $89/pair. It's $89/each. I guess its not that great of a deal. Aplogies to everyone.
Old 04-18-2004, 09:46 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Dan,

Not to belabor a point that entailed a 10 second fix-actually easier since I left the existing recepticles for the 1157s in-but the units were advertised as USA spec which should have entailed two filiment recepticles and bulbs. But, of course, the purpose for my post was to inform those who might purchase from him that the after the sale communication and services left something to be desired-they were nonexistant. The quality of the product was good and the price wellwithin reason so no difficulty there. I would, in fact, purchase from him again if it was an item that was well priced and of good quality, I just would purchase knowing that I would not receive assistance should I need it after the sale.
Al

Quick Reply: For those of you looking for Clear Euro Turnsignals