Sponsored by:

Front Wheel Bearing Changeout

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 12:21 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Front Wheel Bearing Changeout

If you have undergone this procedure, or have knowledge of it, please come over to the 964 boards and reply to my post. I am in the midst of changing my FRONT wheel bearings and find that I cannot locate the rubber seals that press into the bearing "keeper" plate (wrong nomenclature, no documentation in front of me at the moment).

One would normally replace such seals when performing a front wheel bearing changeout...the 964 setup is similar, if not EXACTLY the same as a 993, in regards to the hub/wheel carrier/spindle assembly.

If you can help me out, please read and respond to my post on the 964 board, your help will be GREATLY appreciated.

...oh, and PLEASE ignore my 993 "joke" if your sense of humor is not intact.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:08 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

***UPDATE***

After a visit to the local P-Car dealership, we agreed that it's likely that the aforementioned seal is available, but it is incorporated into the "wheel hub flange" (Porsche nomenclature) PN 964 341 661 01 - which is also the correct part for the 993.

So, instead of Porsche selling you what would probably be a $2 seal...they get to NAIL you for $22 x 2!!

I have ordered one, to see if this is so.

Did you guys know you had a 964 PN on your 993s??
Old 04-16-2004, 03:26 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff Curtis
...Did you guys know you had a 964 PN on your 993s??
Hmmm...

"Someone" needs to order more engine/suspension parts in the future - rather then just "go fast" body parts...

Originally posted by Silver Bullet
Worse, we have 928 PN's on our car...
Mine has a slew of 914 parts as well. I would know. They came "pre-rusted"... Just an observation...

Quick Reply: Front Wheel Bearing Changeout