Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab owners - windstop question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:29 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wtf kinda windstop is that? seems kinda big & cumbersome. i wouldn't have a clue as to how to install. (sure gert would know though for sure)

mine looks like the one in the diagrams featured in this thread... & nothing like your picture richard.
btw: $400 for an 'oem' seems like a good deal. seems like i've sen them for around $750-$800 elsewhere. -- i'd jump on it for $400... good deal. imho.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:33 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nile, being 6'6" I have the same problem you describe with my hair brushing the screen when it hangs down when the top is up. . Did you know that our OEM windstop can be zipped up into the headliner when not in use? This gets it out of the way, flush into the headliner so you don't know it;s there. You accomplish this by the following: When the top is down, unzip the fabric, flip the screen down and pull the fabric over the screen and zip into the headliner. Impractical when you intend to use your top frequently but nice when you know the top will be up for an extended period. If you want the top down for a short trip and don't want to deal with switching zippers, you just tollerate some wind for the joy of topless riding.

You may know this but if you have always had it in place you might not. Hope it helps, sorry if I have just restated the obvious.

Old 04-17-2004, 02:33 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

FB, thanks for the tip! I had no idea I could do that. I currently have the windscreen in my front trunk and take most topless driving without it. I only use it on longer highway trips, where I attach it by hand and then take it off and put it back in teh trunk. You suggestion is much better, thanks!

I'm beginning to miss the car, as it's been sitting at the dealer for a week now and they haven't even strated doing the rust and windshield replacemnt. And the weather is finally topless. Good thing my other car is a convertible as well, but boy, it's hard to drive on Boston's bombed-out streets on 392/280 springs in a 2200 lb car.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Sporty_Sturgeon
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motion, I have this deflector and need new washers for the arm that attaches to the "rose" screw. Any idea where I may get these parts, thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

doing the rust and windshield replacemnt
Not to highjack, but what did they charge you?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

It was free But that was 8 years ago when that car was still under 10 year rust warranty (and windshield is covered by insurance in MA).

Quick Reply: Cab owners - windstop question