Pen Cam video set-up solution - photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004 | 01:14 AM
MarkPcar
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pen Cam video set-up solution - photos

I posted yesterday about problems with the set-up for my pen camera and regular minidv camera for recording. Well a little creative thinking and problem solved.

My Roadster just has a drivers side hoop roll bar and I didn't want to mount the big ole video camera up there. So I got a pen cam for $159 and mounted on the roll bar. The pen cam requires a 12v power supply and you still need to plug it in to the camcorder to record.

The problem was trying to us the standard I/O camcorder mount attached to the roll bar behind the back seat and under my tonaue (sp?) cover. Impossible to reach the camera to attach it, or turn it on.

So, I bought a small padded camera bag that is a tight fit for the camcorder and got some super grip 1" velcro strapping called StrapAll (found at REI). I mounted two strips of it to the tunnel between and slightly behind the front seats. The straps wrap around the bag (through the top handle) and even with all my weight pulling I can't break it loose.

Easy pre and post race access to the camera and the bag comes out to carry the camera around Rennsport to get some shots.

Quick Reply: Pen Cam video set-up solution - photos