Sponsored by:

Brake Flush Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 03:27 PM
paranoidandroid
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
Interestingly, my understanding is that this is just an issue with the C4 and Turbo with both ABS and Automatic Brake Differential (ABD). On the C2 cars, the pump gets flushed during the normal manual process without OBD ABS valve/pump actuation required.

May others here validate this for me?

Andy
Correct..but to be clear there are C2's out there that have ABD. It's option code 220 you need to look for that had ABD from the factory.

My understanding is ABD is a dual circuit boosted ABS. And what happens in ABD systems is that nasty brake fluid gets trapped inside the pump and does not release unless the solenoid that controls the boosted circuit is engaged. There are two ways to fully actuate the solenoids controlling the dual boosted circuit..1) using the Bosch hammer or PTS2 2) go trigger the ABS by driving in heavy rain or snow.

Cars with normal ABS don't have this overengineered and the brake fluid is exchanged between the caliper and the pump, so you'll get all of the fluid out through normal bleeding of the brakes and clutch systems.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:36 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 180 Posts

Old thread - https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...flush-abs.html

Quick Reply: Brake Flush Issues