Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's worth more right now 4S or 2S? Everything else being equal.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Novice
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Some facts:
4S has
- Turbo Big Reds
- ADB
- All are manual gearboxes

It is slower than the 2S, but it stops faster in all conditions, and the AWD system help with deceleration as well as acceleration.

I have two of them. one of them has the 2S' split grill - best of both worlds :-)

The following users liked this post:
Gbos1 (08-07-2021)
Old 08-07-2021, 08:38 PM
stevensivak
Burning Brakes

Received 294 Likes on 181 Posts

The value has nothing to do with the brakes or the number of driven wheels- sorry...
Old 08-07-2021, 08:46 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbos1
Ok guys “chill out” ….. many many many other 911s are “parts bin” cars…. Hell…. Look at the 964! Nothing but… parts bin parts from the 80’s 911s and Singer chose the 964 as their flagship. It’s an “acronym” sheeesh! Not trying to put the C2S down in any way. It’s a Wide Body C2.

A “C2S” is nothing but a C2 with a Wide Body Shell “PERIOD!” Why is that more special than the C4S? Explain that to me? I keep hearing “complexity of the AWD System” that right there is complete rubbish! Superior Braking System over the C2S as well and Suspension. Car handles like you are on rails and I have driven the C2S many many times and nowhere near as planted especially in wet conditions. Honestly, regardless of numbers produced….Why? How is a C2S worth more? Not trying to come off as an A$$ either. This debate has been raging since 1997. Everyone needs to quit being “butt hurt” and provide hard facts as to why the C2S is better than the C4S. ***LETS DISCUSS****
From reading our respective statements, doesn't sound like I'm the one who is not chilling out.
And if you care to read carefully, you'd know I'm not saying C2S will always be worth more or be more special than C4S. Simply I'm saying one cannot and should not make a conclusive statement about which version is more valuable.
Onto the subject of discussion, please note that C2S also has the Turbo suspension, just not the brakes. C4S has a logical need for Turbo brakes given it's AWD and slightly heavier build.

Last edited by mdude; 08-07-2021 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:53 PM
crw
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

Value is in the eyes of the beholder - what is someone's pride and joy 1 year might be for sale on the way out the door the next year.

Do you enjoy your car because it worth more than another? Would you enjoy it less if it was?

Most of us will outlive our money, which in many ways is a shame if you never enjoyed it.

My Dad never earned more than $30K/year, would tie his shoelaces in knots as opposed to buying a new pair.

Back in the 70's he died with over 1mil ion assets - having lived through the depression he "enjoyed" the security of a nest egg.

For some people, it's important that a 2S is worth more than a 4S and vice versa, does it really matter - they were meant to be driven and enjoyed for what they are - cars.

Last edited by crw; 08-07-2021 at 08:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mdude (08-07-2021)
Old 08-07-2021, 10:52 PM
L39E
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 136 Posts

I am fortunate enough to own 3x 993 C4S and 2x 993 C2S. Many benefits for both as have already been mentioned. The 4S handles like it is on rails, better in wet conditions, better brakes, ABD/LSD standard. It’s also heavier and it definitely feels slower. The C2S is really fun to drive in dry conditions, especially when you feel like getting a little rowdy and tail happy. As others have said it is also more of a purist feel with the RWD. I do feel more comfortable pushing a C4S on mountain roads or in wet conditions. I love driving a C2S on a dry sunny day though. These cars are all amazing. To answer the original question though, most would agree that all else being equal the C2S would be a little more valuable.
Old 08-07-2021, 10:57 PM
blackandtan993
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L39E
I am fortunate enough to own 3x 993 C4S and 2x 993 C2S. Many benefits for both as have already been mentioned. The 4S handles like it is on rails, better in wet conditions, better brakes, ABD/LSD standard. It’s also heavier and it definitely feels slower. The C2S is really fun to drive in dry conditions, especially when you feel like getting a little rowdy and tail happy. As others have said it is also more of a purist feel with the RWD. I do feel more comfortable pushing a C4S on mountain roads or in wet conditions. I love driving a C2S on a dry sunny day though. These cars are all amazing. To answer the original question though, most would agree that all else being equal the C2S would be a little more valuable.
Thank you this helps me!
Old 08-07-2021, 11:06 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by spikej
As a driver's car, less is definitely more. Don't need the unnecessary weight and complexity of the awd. C2 is even a better driver's car but I much prefer the wide body. I would also prefer c2 over a C4S but to each his own.
So much wisdom here. I’d never give up my C2S, but the wide hips catch cones at AX.

Sad to see folks arguing over whose car is better. We’re all so lucky to drive these cars.

I drive a 964 and a C2S, both apparently parts bin cars, ha. I wouldn’t trade or sell either of them.

Quick Reply: What's worth more right now 4S or 2S? Everything else being equal.