Sponsored by:

V1 and UV protection

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 01:05 AM
B-Line home
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post V1 and UV protection

This might be a little off topic because it relates more to my X5 than C2S but I thought I would bring it up anyhow because it's important.

As some of you may have read, couple of weeks ago my front windshield on my X5 got smashed. When the glass installer came to replace it, the dealerships didn't have the right window. The glass guy looked up the part number and bought the same window from PPG I think it is. It was supposed to be the same glass without the little bmw insignia on the bottom left.
He installed the window and it looks a bit different, a cube on the bottom and top where there is no UV protection.

The point is, I immediately noticed that my Valentine one did not pick up forward signals. If it picked up a signal it read from the side or the rear, but never the front. I believe the reason for this is the UV protection on the non OEM window. I tried desperately to have the window changed before I moved but it didn't happen in time. Unfortunately I am now stuck with a front window that is not radar friendly.
Just thought I would share this with you in case some auto glass guy ever tries to replace a factory with a non OE window.

Quick Reply: V1 and UV protection