Sponsored by:

Need help finding part number

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 11:05 PM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Milazzo.
I'm with you on this one ....I've got a 97 C2S and its "missing" the same bracket as you....and I agree that they must each be a different profile.
Will look forward to see if anyone else can be of assistance!!

Thanks for reaching out! I'm glad I'm not the only one. With two people looking at their cars and seeing two identical clips I really thought I could be wrong. Do you happen to have the same indentation on your rear deck lid support? I was really hoping someone else would take a look at what's on their cars and comment.

.....I Sure do have the same indentation !!!
The following users liked this post:
milazzo_997tt (07-19-2021)
Old 07-19-2021, 11:40 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 1,079 Likes on 563 Posts

Well, can't explain why I actually have two of the same clips but I'm starting to wonder if someone added a second one there at some point even though it didn't belong.

I've looked through detailed photos of about 10 cars on Bring a Trailer (good source for tons of pics) that were all 97/98's and they all had the indentation in the hinge and none had a second clip. Instead, they all have a cable tie there instead.

Did not spend the time trying to figure out at which point the hinge changed to the version with the indentation. Got tired of clicking thorough the other pics looking for the 2nd clip.
The following users liked this post:
milazzo_997tt (07-20-2021)
Old 07-20-2021, 12:28 AM
milazzo_997tt
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by boomboomthump
Well, can't explain why I actually have two of the same clips but I'm starting to wonder if someone added a second one there at some point even though it didn't belong.

I've looked through detailed photos of about 10 cars on Bring a Trailer (good source for tons of pics) that were all 97/98's and they all had the indentation in the hinge and none had a second clip. Instead, they all have a cable tie there instead.

Did not spend the time trying to figure out at which point the hinge changed to the version with the indentation. Got tired of clicking thorough the other pics looking for the 2nd clip.
I spent a ton of time looking at online pictures as well LOL! The problem is that outwardly it looks like the same clip. Same basic shape and everything. It only differs from a second protrusion on the clip to fit in the indentation. That's why I finally gave up researching it and figured I'd ask the forum. Figured someone's gotta have both clips on their car and can take a look. I appreciate you guys taking a look at your cars and providing feedback! I had no idea that some cars didn't have that indentation on the hinge which only further thickens the plot! Hopefully someone reading this gets curious and looks in their garage to see if they 1) have the indentation and 2) can look and see if the clip is different and has apart number printed on it.

Quick Reply: Need help finding part number