Need advice and suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Nemick42
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice and suggestions

Hi All,

Last week I posted a question about tequipment. I received many helpful replies to the post and began to discover that there are many, many after market outlets around. I have studied all of the sponsor sites and placed several orders for accessories.

I have a '97 993 Cab and I would like to add some body components. However, I am unable to find out what might have been available when the car was ordered. For instance, I don't wish to add pieces that suggest the car is something it isn't, like a turbo body kit or wings thereof. I would like to add pieces that appear to be a version of an RS, but I haven't found a site that shows a good representation of those parts. Anyone know where I can find some good pictures to drool over?

Lastly, and this might sound even more stupid than the first part, I am a bit confused about rear wings for the car. Naturally, the car, as stock, has the enginre cover which raises at speed to presumably help with cooling and aerodynamics. I would presume that this funtion is vital, so presumably any addition would need to still be moveable. Are there wings and/or additions which mount to the stock car and incorporate this electrical elevation, or is there another way around it?

Phew!
Old 04-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any additional wing does not need to be moveable. The wing is vital at higher speeds for stability and airflow. Only the stock wing moves, all others are fixed and to install them you remove the stock wing and motor.

If you do a search on side skirts, you should be able to pull up photos of the RS skirts added to cars. I can recall one from a guy in the UK that had RS skirts and splitters with an aerokit 1 wing on a cab. I liked the look, others didn't.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Nemick42
Instructor

Tom,

Thanks for the info. That's just what I needed to know.
Old 04-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Agro1
Banned

Neil - here ya go...

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93033.htm

FACTORY RS body kit. Or check MA Shaw.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:25 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Neil,

If you remove the stock wing and replace it by a fixed wing, make sure you disconnect the stock-wing-movement sensor located at the passenger's footwell area. If not, your red ! (information) light will mysteriously come on at about 45 MPH, everytime you restart your car. Don't ask me how I know.

CP
Old 04-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Nemick42
Instructor

CP,

I promise not to ask, lol. Agro, thanks for the link, I am starting to narrow down the choices.

Quick Reply: Need advice and suggestions