993 C4 purchase a bad thing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 03:12 PM
grouchy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Wink 993 C4 purchase a bad thing?

My first porsche was a 1987 944 Turbo, chipped, lowered, and beautiful. I babied the heck out of it, washed it weekly, put it away before the salt flew and waited for some good rainstorms to clean the streets before pulling it out of hibernation.

I was a complete bear the first couple of months after putting it away, just because I missed the fun of driving it.

Now I sold the 951 and my Audi to purchase a '95 993C4 so I could have fun year around. Big difference between the 951 and the 993, but nice points for each. I have found that the winter driving differences between the a6 quattro and the C4 are also interesting. Sort of went against my instincts to bust the back end loose to get the fronts going...

So now to the topic. I had this huge depression in the fall followed by this uplift in the spring. Now I have porsche all year around which is nice, but I think having too much of a good thing all the time desensitizes.

I might have to borrow my wifes isuzu or go on more business trips so I can be ecstatic when I get back to the real car.
Old 02-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts
Desensitization? Naah, driving the 993 just whets my appetite for more. Like an addict who craves more drugs, I crave more Porsche.

Now, where did I put my stash?
Old 02-01-2003, 04:36 PM
mpm '95 C4
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The C4 is a great 4 season car...

Good luck, can't go wrong...
Old 02-02-2003, 12:23 AM
jmichael
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove a nice c4 for about an hour today, put a deposit on it too! The ppi is complete, and I hope to get it within a week. Very exciting.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:34 PM
dsinn
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by grouchy:
<strong>Now I have porsche all year around which is nice, but I think having too much of a good thing all the time desensitizes.
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">The only "desensitizing" problem you might run into is getting used to the power and craving a Turbo...

David

Quick Reply: 993 C4 purchase a bad thing?