Regained my senses, keeping the car ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 01:40 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that's nice, checking the board today I find that I've been ... censored! ... for a potential copyright violation. Todd, thanks for the reminder that I should know better as a lawyer. That said, I think the stripping of the scans was somewhat heavyhanded and uncalled for in light of the fact that I deliberately shrank the images to the point where all that was visible was the major headline ("The best car in the world: Porsche 911") and the image of a beautiful silver 993TT. All of the remaining text was illegible and the remaining two pages of the article were not supplied, hardly an actionable copyright violation. But if I have to be made an example of to educate the uncontrollable masses, then use me John D.! No biggie. Now, if I'd gotten the death penalty, I'd have to dust off the barristers wig and make an impassioned plea for clemency, or at least ply John D. with some alcohol.

Seriously though, thanks for all your kind thoughts, guys. Stupid me, thinking that I could escape the gravitational pull of the looks and performance of the 993. It's the ultimate, well almost the ultimate, tool for personal enjoyment (please, no more censorship). Of course, if I end up in jail because of all this go fast, sound good 993 enthusiasm I'll expect your collective wonderful comraderie to come up with my bail on short notice

Rezal, I'm keeping the shifter for now, sorry. I'm still laughing at your story of squiring around a hot date in your "beater" quattro rather than the 993 to avoid seeming overly materialist and yet your date turned out to be a financial mogul very interested in material things. Hopefully you've gotten that second date. Some aspects of the GT2 spec may be in the future. I'm still on my original clutch and when it goes I'll probably upgrade to LWF and GT2 clutch/pp. The bodykit of the GT2 is especially nice, but I'll probably stay with the "low key" tail for now. K24's are always a possibility when the engine's out.

Steve (ca993twin), what front strut tower brace do you have?
Old 04-06-2004, 02:10 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

John H,

I'm not sure of the brand as it was added by a P.O.. Its shiny, ploished aluminum, and a few others have commented "oh, that's the factory brace", whatever the heck that means. Its under the trunk carpet, so I never pay any attention to it.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Oh great! John has made my love life public now! Yes, we're now officially dating, and get this, she *loves* the 993!!! (and no, she's not a goldigger but a very sweet girl but loves the adrenalin rush, not the financial aspect, of the p-car). Hmmm, a match made in (p-car?) heaven?

So, when's the next DC meet? Or should I host one and have you guys come up for a change, huh?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:36 PM
John H. in DC Area
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Steve, it sounds like we have the same state of knowledge regarding strut braces. I have to educate myself.

Rezal, I'd be happy to come to a Philly meet.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:48 AM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by John H in DC area:

if I end up in jail because of all this go fast, sound good 993 enthusiasm I'll expect your collective wonderful comraderie to come up with my bail on short notice
I don't know about bail, but I'm sure we'd at least visit...

Quick Reply: Regained my senses, keeping the car ...