Sponsored by:

993 FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 06:58 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by boomboomthump
It's a forum and he posted a thread, hence we are discussing. I didn't reply on his ad. Those interested in a 993 convertible can discuss the actual sale there.

Personally, what I think is not cool, is having 3 posts on Rennlist, 2 of which are in this thread and the other is his actual ad and setting an an "out there" price while saying "serious offers only". This isn't Craigslist. This is a community of people who know what these cars sell for daily. It's somewhat insulting.

I find it very odd that you are so offended by someone else add. How many miles does your 993 have on the odometer?
Old 05-20-2021, 08:38 PM
mdude
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 190 Posts

Part of me wants the OP to get full asking. We all own one so can't be unhappy if prices go to the stratosphere.

The down side is the need to up my guarantee value insurance, again!

'Price' moves inversely to 'Enjoyment' -- especially for lower mileage specimen.

Those who drive theirs like they stole them either have high mileage or have many other cars to pick from.
Old 05-21-2021, 10:05 AM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by mdude
'Price' moves inversely to 'Enjoyment' -- especially for lower mileage specimen.

Those who drive theirs like they stole them either have high mileage or have many other cars to pick from.
Not likely. Most are driving them like they were intended to be driven. If not for the driving pleasure, these cars make little sense.
Old 05-21-2021, 11:16 AM
MarinS4
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by boomboomthump

Don't forget that on BaT, within the last 60 days, these cars have sold for half this price. The ones with really nice options and low miles have sold for under $65, the others 35-50. Seats included, BTW.

(I'm being cute btw, not argumentative. This is just some back and forth bro talk here.)
I hate using BAT as comps. While it does set a trend for cars bought and sold there it's not a great representation of what I consider a normal transaction.

Other crappy comps include dealer sales, flipper buys (ie sharks) and eBay.

Personally I'd pay a premium to buy one of the forum members cars. Someone who I've seen around and watched the car evolve/restore with tasteful mods. Something I could see, touch and drive. Most of the "deals" I've seen purchased online have undisclosed/unknown defects that became apparent once buyer took possession. While I have no doubt experienced buyers (flippers/dealers) could sniff most of these out the average Joe who's an infrequent buyer gets duped. Then on the flip side a clean well represented car can get trashed in the comments section for something completely ridiculous. Just seems like a can of worms to me.

My next Audi S6 purchase will be through traditional channels. While I may not get the best "deal" I know I'll be happy with the purchase.

Last edited by MarinS4; 05-21-2021 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:14 PM
drodg
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MarinS4
I hate using BAT as comps. While it does set a trend for cars bought and sold there it's not a great representation of what I consider a normal transactions.

Other crappy comps include dealer sales, flipper buys (ie sharks) and eBay.

Personally I'd pay a premium to buy one of the forum members cars. Someone who I've seen around and watched the car evolve/restore with tasteful mods. Something I could see, touch and drive. Most of the "deals" I've seen purchased online have undisclosed/unknown defects that became apparent once buyer took possession. While I have no doubt experienced buyers (flippers/dealers) could sniff most of these out the average Joe who's an infrequent buyer gets duped. Then on the flip side a clean well represented car can get trashed in the comments section for something completely ridiculous. Just seems like a can of worms to me.

My next Audi S6 purchase will be through traditional channels. While I may not get the best "deal" I know I'll be happy with the purchase.
I so agree!!!
Old 05-21-2021, 01:49 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 894 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmike
I think you guys are totally off base.

Factory sports seats are worth ~$12K.

/
what?
Old 05-21-2021, 03:01 PM
toona
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Can confirm that $10-12k is market for nice factory sport seats right now
Old 05-21-2021, 03:07 PM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 518 Posts

Makes Waldemar's seats a total bargain now, assuming he is still making them for 5k.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:52 PM
toona
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

I think part of the reason factory ones have jumped is Waldemar's quality issues (see threads) and the 22+ week wait. But Waldemar's pricing has gone up a lot too. His base seat set is 5250 euros ($6400) +-/- $2650 depending on the options you choose. A fully loaded Waldmer set with heat, 8 way, crests and carbon is now $9625 shipped, with a minimum 6 month wait.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:32 PM
fatmike
Three Wheelin'

Received 442 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen
what?
It's crazy out there!

My real point was though that sports seats have a lot of value and they change the math on the asking price.

/
Old 05-21-2021, 06:23 PM
coreseller
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts

Pissing on someone's For Sale ad is extremely poor form and though I rarely check in here for the past few years I've seen it done on multiple occasions. If I ever did decide to put my 993 up for sale it certainly would not be on here for that very reason, not cool.
The following users liked this post:
ToSi (05-21-2021)
Old 05-21-2021, 11:15 PM
aircooledpurist
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 132 Posts

I've mentioned it before here, but I'll say it again. I was looking for a nice silver/black coupe, anything but a '95. I was looking for about two years and had looked at a dozen cars, each one a disappointment.

When I found the car I bought... it was Polar silver, full black leather, single owner, Southern California car, with 17,000 miles. Oh yeah, it was a '95, lol. I paid too much at the time (70k) but the car had just had about 10 thousand dollars in service performed at a VERY reputable air cooled shop, shocks, brakes, battery, tires, belts, hoses, etc. Everything I would have done.

I could not be happier with what I got. I'm at 21,000 miles and am still tweaking, but I am very happy I overpaid and an tweaking a car that looks and runs as new. Well, now better than new.

I'm sure someone will be happy to overpay a bit for a good car.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:29 AM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by fatmike
I think you guys are totally off base.

Factory sports seats are worth ~$12K.

If you subtract the value of the sport seats from the price of the car is it still expensive?

Would you view a $67K asking price for 31K clean car high??? I don’t. I’m fine with the asking price. Seems in line to me.

GLWS.

/
I get your approach but it is somewhat misleading. If I sell my C4S and deduct the cost of Rennline parts, Hardback seats, PSS10, Walrod Bsuhings, FD exhaust, golden rod, Fikse rims, etc, the price will be negative )

Any car is more expensive parted out.
Old 05-24-2021, 09:34 AM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by coreseller
Pissing on someone's For Sale ad is extremely poor form and though I rarely check in here for the past few years I've seen it done on multiple occasions. If I ever did decide to put my 993 up for sale it certainly would not be on here for that very reason, not cool.

As "BoomBoomThump" has already mentioned this is not a For Sale ad, but a forum thread open to discussion. I would never post a comment on a for sale ad about pricing, but I feel absolutely fine opining an the matter in a forum thread; after all, that's what we are all doing: offering our opinions.

Last edited by serval; 05-25-2021 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-25-2021, 06:18 PM
coreseller
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by serval
As "BoomBoomThump" has already mentioned this is not a For Sale ad, but a forum thread open to discussion. I would never post a comment on a for sale ad about pricing, but I feel absolutely fine opining an the matter in a forum thread; after all, that's what we are all doing: offering our opinions.

As I did mine and I totally disagree with yours, which is fine. I do think you'd feel differently if someone did the same to your link to a FS ad.

Quick Reply: 993 FOR SALE