Sponsored by:

98 arctic silver C4S

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 07:26 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My vote is that it looks pukey. What about negotiating a way better price on the car and replacing the interior. I know it is a lot of work but if the discount for the interior is enough and the car is otherwise desirable, maybe it is worth the effort. Just a thought.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Dane k.
Instructor

Not that you will..."BUT" that could be a "REAL TUFF" resale......
Old 03-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Simon Shearer
Addict
Rennlist Member

I certainly can't see Rezal in "Gumby" green...but color is such a personal choice...so if you like it, that's all that matters. You'll be going so fast no one else will see it...at least you will if you have Rezal on your tail in the twisty's!
Old 04-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Micron

Thumbs up

The fact remains that color is a very personal choice. Ignore all the comments, if you like it, don't worry about others validating your opinion.

I am responsible for interiors, color and trim for one of the big three, I deal with color development everyday and while I do not consider myself a "color expert", I do know that there is no consistent agreement about color. I mention this in part to give perspective to all the comments ("Thanks very much for your input, comments are always appreciated" -my standard line at work when I really want to tell someone to @#^&* themselves) but also to build confidence that this is not a wrong color combination. While I believe the comments about future resale have some justification, I can also imagine in a few years time that if you were to show the car, you would find it in a field of artic silver and black C4s (including mine). This car would stand out, because it is something special. And isn't that the reason you're looking at these cars in the first place?
Old 04-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Kolbjorn S
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's great, and at the same time you stand out of the black/grey crowd. My neighbour has an Arctic Silver / Nephrite Green Boxster, it's really nice. But hey what opinion to expect from me, since I have 100% metropol blue interior that I really love...!
Old 04-03-2004, 02:10 PM
GTR 993
Burning Brakes

That interior takes a little to get used to but I like it. It's different and more racecar looking which suits the car. If you don't want the car please tell me where it's at I would like to take a look at it.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:05 PM
porschecanada
Advanced

You have to see it in person the color is not as bad as in the pics a little less green and a lot more grey in the green. I have seen many boxsters in this color interior. My friends boxster was in this color and it really depends on when you look at it. The first time i saw the color was at night its was very nice like a stone wash faded grey green. Even on a cloudy day its not as bad but on a suuny day with the top down then it is really gumby green imho. Kind of like that sienfeld episode when the girl looked good or bad under certian light.
Here is a pic that is more in line with the real thing.
Attached Images  

Last edited by porschecanada; 04-03-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:44 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice interior.......OTAY!! Do you have to get your Hair cut to look like Gumby?I'd check and see if Eddie Murphy was the PO. Too much Bling! Bling! for me.

Reminds me of the Porsche Commerical where the guys are choosing what colors to paint. Some one must of been SMOKIN' some crazy Sh*t the night before. He must of went to work that day with his Silver jumpsuit and Gumby Green socks.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:55 AM
touf
Pro

I have a copy of that commercial. I think it's one of the original commercials in 94 or so.
It is so funny with the mechanics and engineers having come up with Car colors based on their clothing.
I particularly like the speed yellow socks......
If anyone would like a copy of the video let me know.

Quick Reply: 98 arctic silver C4S