Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargraphic Sport Cats (100 Cell) are on! (review)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 08:58 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargraphic Sport Cats (100 Cell) are on! (review)

I have to say I am super pleased with my newest mod!

Not that it is that big a deal but the weight savings is about 11 pounds AND I have no idea if I made any REAL difference in HP BUT I love the end result with my stock 'motor sound' mufflers. It is just right IMHO as far as that nice air cooled sound (burble) and it is easy to idle along somewhat quietly if you wanted but step on the gas and you have that unmistakable wonderful sound! (...pulled up next to a couple of motorcyclists this afternoon after the install and they still are louder but I gave them a run for their money soundwise before they blew past me..lol)

I initially tried this setup WITH the FabSpeed Supercups and it was too much like a straight on race car I hear and see at the track and just begging for a ticket (yes, this despite the sportcats in place).

If someone wanted a) more sound, b) less weight and/or c) freer flow yet didn't want to compromise their CAT (due to emissions tests) this is an easy recommendation!

Sportcats must be doing their job well because the 4 O2 sensors haven't been triggered either....

Sometimes I really envy you 95 993 owners with your ONE O2 Sensor and being to easily eliminate the cat with a straight pipe and never throwing a code!!!! It sure is significantly cheaper to get the CAT Bypass instead of Sport Cats (100cell)..
Old 03-28-2004, 01:02 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

where did u get your sport cats and how much did you pay for them?

Cheers,
Boris
Old 03-28-2004, 01:58 AM
winsome
Instructor

I am using cargraphic exhaust and I am very please with it. yet I wouldn't mind to raise the level another 30% or so. I wonder how much hp gain one would get from the sport cat, another 3-4hp may be? And how much it it if you don't mind?

Cheers,
Old 03-28-2004, 11:11 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Boris Teksler
where did u get your sport cats and how much did you pay for them?

Cheers,
Boris
Sorry folks:

I bought them used and had to invest about $100 additional in missing gaskets, brackets, and clamps. The previous owner had already gone through the trouble of adding the 2 extra mounts for the O2 sensors (since they came stock with only 2 O2 sensor mounts)

I know ByDesign in CA sells them new (the cargraphic ones) or FVD sells their own version.

Quick Reply: Cargraphic Sport Cats (100 Cell) are on! (review)