Roll bar just in =D (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 04:34 PM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Roll bar just in =D (pics)

Picked up and installed the roll bar yesterday. Next projects will be fabricating headers and new straight pipes as well as converting to Big Reds .

Thanks again Danny!!

One question. Is there some trick to doubling back the harnesses? I can't get the straps to fit thru with 3 layers .
Old 03-27-2004, 05:42 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey I know this rollbar!!!!

Old 03-27-2004, 05:43 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No real trick, just patience and perserverence. Start by sliding the two layers over towards one side of the buckle and then work one corner of the loose end through the small gap left at the other side. I had to use a pliers to grab the corner and help it through until there was enough for me to grab with my fingers and pull the rest through. (Does this make any sense?)
Old 03-27-2004, 06:17 PM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post

Princeton,
What brand of roll bar is that? I have a similar looking roll bar made by Kirk Racing. I was wondering if you were planning on installing harness guides. It seems that on mine, that the harnesses could (and do) slip forward - towards the main rollover protection because of the way the harness bar curves towards the front of the car. This would be disasterous in an accident, but maybe I'm missing something...

Thanks.

Erick
Old 03-27-2004, 07:03 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Its the autopower roll bar and the harness guides are welded....
Old 03-28-2004, 02:26 AM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick - Perfect sense. Got those badboys thru today with the help of some plyers.

Originally posted by RSAErick
Princeton,
It seems that on mine, that the harnesses could (and do) slip forward - towards the main rollover protection because of the way the harness bar curves towards the front of the car. This would be disasterous in an accident, but maybe I'm missing something...
Erick - You are talking about the part behind the drivers seat correct? The outermost belt seems to be the main point that would need a guide. I was considering bolting in guides for both the drivers belts.

Quick Reply: Roll bar just in =D (pics)