Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you replaced the Buzzer Contact switch ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 07:02 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Have you replaced the Buzzer Contact switch ?

Is there anything I should know about the replacing the Buzzer Contact (key present) switch on the ignition lock, part number 911 613 125 00? Looks like trouble to get to but once there only one screw?
Old 01-19-2021, 08:03 PM
Gert 993
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggel
Is there anything I should know about the replacing the Buzzer Contact (key present) switch on the ignition lock, part number 911 613 125 00? Looks like trouble to get to but once there only one screw?
I replaced it last month, only one screw indeed, but it was a real pain in the but to get the new switch and screw back in place.
you have to remove the airvent and the central informer to get a screwdriver and a mirror in there.

Put the new switch in place, and leave it hanging.
Then tape the screw on the screwdriver so it’s fixed on the end, and with the use of the mirror guide the screw in place and fasten it.
pay attention the screw is following the threads while fastening, you don’t want to ruin the threads.
and be gentle guiding the screw in the hole, a tap on the switch causes it to fall down and you can start all over.

good luck

Last edited by Gert 993; 01-19-2021 at 08:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
hoggel (01-19-2021)
Old 01-19-2021, 08:34 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Thank you! I have been avoiding this job for about a year but I need to get a new fob programmed.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:04 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,528 Likes on 1,079 Posts

Originally Posted by Gert 993
a real pain in the but to get the new switch and screw back in place.
you have to remove the air vent and the central informer to get a screwdriver and a mirror in there.
Hi Gert,
Would it just be easier to drill out the anti-tamper screws behind the keyway facia and the shear fastener attaching the deadbolt to the steering column and then removing the entire lock? Maybe not??
Andy
Old 01-20-2021, 11:56 AM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 412 Likes on 234 Posts

I replaced it last month, only one screw indeed, but it was a real pain in the but to get the new switch and screw back in place.
you have to remove the airvent and the central informer to get a screwdriver and a mirror in there.

Put the new switch in place, and leave it hanging.
Then tape the screw on the screwdriver so it’s fixed on the end, and with the use of the mirror guide the screw in place and fasten it.
pay attention the screw is following the threads while fastening, you don’t want to ruin the threads.
and be gentle guiding the screw in the hole, a tap on the switch causes it to fall down and you can start all over.

good luck
Thanks for the procedure Gert. I couldn't figure out how to get to it a few years back so ended up sending my IMMO and FOBs out to get paired. For those considering the replacement, the pic below shows where it is:

Old 01-23-2021, 05:14 AM
Gert 993
Instructor

Originally Posted by pp000830
Hi Gert,
Would it just be easier to drill out the anti-tamper screws behind the keyway facia and the shear fastener attaching the deadbolt to the steering column and then removing the entire lock? Maybe not??
Andy
I replaced the switch in about 40minutes, i doubt if drilling the bolts and remove the lock would be quicker.
I did not have new tamperproof bolts, and managed to replace the switch with a mirror, but there are more possibilities for sure.

Last edited by Gert 993; 01-25-2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-28-2021, 06:49 PM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

I replaced the switch in about 40minutes, i doubt if drilling the bolts and remove the lock would be quicker.
I did not have new tamperproof bolts, and managed to replace the switch with a mirror, but there are more possibilities for sure.
You are good Gert993! I couldn't even see the switch. I took the ignition lock out, replaced the buzzer contact (key present switch) and the ignition electrical switch while I was in there. Immediately the buzzer started working so that was exciting. The new ignition electrical switch has better detents than the one I removed. After getting it all back together the fobs programmed first try. Woohoo! I've been putzing around with trying to get a new fob programmed for about 5 years since I laundered a fob.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:23 AM
Gert 993
Instructor

Originally Posted by hoggel
You are good Gert993! I couldn't even see the switch. I took the ignition lock out, replaced the buzzer contact (key present switch) and the ignition electrical switch while I was in there. Immediately the buzzer started working so that was exciting. The new ignition electrical switch has better detents than the one I removed. After getting it all back together the fobs programmed first try. Woohoo! I've been putzing around with trying to get a new fob programmed for about 5 years since I laundered a fob.
Well done!
its always fun to have a great result after working on the car.
i have fitted the blaupunkt bremen DAB+ radio yesterday, sound is good and i love the modern features! I was also very pleased.

Quick Reply: Have you replaced the Buzzer Contact switch ?