Old 01-20-2021, 11:07 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,509 Likes on 1,065 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyPeanut
Thanks a lot Andy, will do the test next week and see~

What do you think about the GPS tracking system? any idea? Thanks
Maybe overkill as a 993 as, other than a Turbo, they are not valuable enough. And stolen ones seem to not be a big issue. Just lock your car up. The design of the doors and window frames and ignition lock location make it very hard for a casual criminal to steal your car as a crime of opportunity. You will never stop a professional but our cars are not high on their list of go get'em vehicles.

If you are really concerned in a specific parking location just pop the hood and remove the DME relay from the fuse box in the frunk then there is little chance of a drive-off theft. I would go as far as to say remove and replace with regular wheel nuts, the original anti-theft wheel nuts from the car as they fail easily and one doesn't want to get stuck with a flat tire at the side of the road with an anti-theft nut that can't be removed. Again our wheels are not in high demand for theft. You could order the later window sticker for the ignition immobilizer to scare off the casual criminal.
Just some thoughts,
Hope this helps,
Andy

PS If your car truly never had an alarm system that disables the central locking, your car does not have the ignition immobilizer function as discussed earlier and you have tested the console locking switch you can consider adding an aftermarket alarm & immobilizer kit.
If you can lock AND unlock your doors using the central door lock switch on the center console with the key out of the ignition then when you add a remote entry fob via an aftermarket alarm kit you could implement the alarm and ignition kill feature most of these systems include. It is really easy to install one of these systems. I recommend you keep it very simple and not get one of the complex systems that involve a lot of unnecessary addition of wires to your car. Such complexity will not foil a professional's theft anyway.
Andy

Last edited by pp000830; 01-20-2021 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-20-2021, 12:16 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

My early production 993 (build in late 94) doesn't have a fob or immobilizer. I bought the T-Lock from Tore and it is great, i highly recommend it. It's easy to install and gives you 2 fobs for remote locking/unlocking.

https://www.bergvillfx.com/categorie...-keyless-entry
Old 01-20-2021, 01:55 PM
yuval
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 996scott
My early production 993 (build in late 94) doesn't have a fob or immobilizer. I bought the T-Lock from Tore and it is great, i highly recommend it. It's easy to install and gives you 2 fobs for remote locking/unlocking.

interesting, will order one. have same early 1995 . thanks for the info.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:38 PM
bobbyp
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
You could order the later window sticker for the ignition immobilizer to scare off the casual criminal.
Another super simple but brilliant suggestion from Andy. Now just need to find the part number.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:37 AM
gws911
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcropp1
1994 to early production model year 1995 cars (late 1993 to mid 1994 production) didn't have immobilizer or a FOB to unlock the doors. So this would make sense why the OP states his car doesn't have them.
Some earlier ‘94 European cars like mine do have Drive Block, but it is slightly different to the later version found in MY 95 onwards, I don’t think this was ever fitted to US cars.

This early version has a long convoluted fob programming method involving turning the ignition on and off at specific intervals over about 45 minutes, and even if you do this properly the buzzer contact in the ignition barrel must be be within a tolerance for it to work (detail found in service manual). Thankfully my ignition barrel contact was within tolerance so I managed to programme a new fob, but I’m not surprised they moved to a simpler code based programming method for the ‘95s.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:45 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

I also have an early 1994 build date on my "95" 993. Some of the earliest cars ( US) did not have the immobilizer or FOB. Mine has neither and I'm thankful. The immobilizer on my previous 993 made me nuts!

Enjoy!
Old 06-15-2022, 05:42 PM
RockstarBruski

Received 55 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 996scott

The tlock systems are out of stock and no eta on availability. I have a 95 993 with a stock alarm but no keyfobs to unlock/lock

So are there any other simple solutions? did the stock alarm in a 94/95 993 have the ability to use Porsche key fobs to unlock / lock? If so ill call the dealer but if not then aftermarket unlock system is my only choice?

Quick Reply: 1994 993 C2 no immobilizer and fob