Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yoko A032R

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 06:13 PM
J Stewart
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marin, EJ, Greg F - thanks A lot - Greg F - I'm sure I'll see you at the track this tyear maybe the Glen. Martin - I hear you on the trailer issue, but I tend to run 85-90% on a DE days for that very reason - I want to bring her home in one piece, not flat spot a a tire, etc. Car is bone stock save the tires - not even 5 points belts (please save the comments, I know, I know.....) - I can beat up on my little BMW SCCA car when I need to!

Looks like I put the issue to Bed w/ an order of the Khumo Victoracers - the Yoko A 032 not available in a front size that will fit - 235/40 is too wide for 7" wide Cup rims. SO the Victoracers it is - So Ray we will compare notes -I will run these Friday at Limerock. Thaks for all the replies - I will let you know my thoughts -
FYI have over 12yrs track experience - 5 years SCCA racing, Skip Barber, etc - not bragging but just so you know the source of info - so when I tell you what I think of the tires, you'll know I have driven on a lot of tracks on a lot of different tires, etc....
Old 03-26-2002, 11:05 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
Jay,

I have gone through, and delightfully so, three (3) sets of Kumho Victoracer V700s in the past year. They are pretty much sticky until the bitter end. I have been down to the core twice, and could hardly tell the tire was gone.

I have another set on order..consider Tire Rack...they can shave the tires, heat cycle the tires and deliver them to a "authorized" installer in your area. I just saved about $40 a tire on a pair of S02 rears, 18".

Goog luck at Lime Rock...keep the shiny side up!!!

Martin
Old 03-27-2002, 11:26 AM
J Stewart
Intermediate

Talking

Thanks guys - Like I said the fact that I am using stock17" wheels limited my choice to the Khumo Victoracers. That's all folks....and they come unshved at 6/32" wich is exactly the same depth as the Yoko A032....
Old 04-01-2002, 01:15 PM
J Stewart
Intermediate

Talking

Follow up report on the Khumo Victoracers - I liked these tires a lot - I had to work a little to get the pressures right at first. I started 34 rear and 32 front (17" cup rims and stock 993 susp). Temp was mid 50's - maybe 60.

I think my cold pressures were a little high - the rears got very loose after they got some heat into them - pressures were almost 48 in the rear, and low 40's in the front - so I know that 34 is too high to start. Pressures went up 10-12lbs from cold. They got better w/ each session as I bled them down to 40 psi after I came in and that seemed to be the trick for mhy last 2 sessions.

They definately do not feel like a full bore race tire, but they are predictable and seem to slide and drift nicely, and make a predictable squeal at the limit. Turn in - I felt was a little soft, not as precise as the BFG R1's that I was running before. But over all I thought they were pretty good and I especially liked them under breaking. No lock ups and they seemed not to dart around under braking like the BFG's do (at least mine do).

So I'd reccommend this tire, let's see how many days they last.....thanks for all the replies...JWS 95 993...
Old 04-03-2002, 02:00 AM
Jason C.
Advanced

Martin, I think I found some extra speed that day at SOW that I normally don't have. Perhaps the stars and moon aligned properly for once...

I've ran the AO32R 235 on my 8" 17s up front. That being said, I'm going to the Kumhos once I can get all these damn Yokos worn out at the same! I go through fronts pretty quickly.

If you do want to run them on the street just be ready for the noise. Annoying for some but the price you pay for stick.

I've been spending more time lately with the new car (Sports Racer) and I'm learning about the joy of 13" Hoosier slicks in 1350lp car. 6-8 hours max track life. Killed an entire set up at Thunderhill a couple of weeks ago. Ouch...not cheap.

Jason C.

Quick Reply: Yoko A032R