WTB - Seat Rail

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 12:11 PM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 126 Posts
Default WTB - Seat Rail

Happy New Year!

This is a long shot but I'm looking for a dusty part in a corner you forgot you had and are desperate to sell.
I recently asked Lart to make me some 993 replica sports seats - he posted photos of them here earlier: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...onversion.html
They are lovely craftsmanship and Lart (Luis) was great to deal with. I'll do a post when I actually have both installed.

My original seats were 4-way passenger and 8-way driver. These 'new' seats are both 4-way with manual longitudinal adjustment.

The 'new' seats came with a different style rail where the seatbelt receiver bolts.
It seems others have these fitted ok - but I noticed they push the seatbelt bolt (with plastic cap) deep into the transmission tunnel carpet.
For reference, this is a good post by Jlaa on the general topic: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/927596-seat-belt-anchor-bolts-993-vs-928-a.html

This is the rail + seat belt receiver bracket style (that Jlaa accurately calls an "Outey") that came out of my car:

With the seat belt receiver bolted on, the depth into the transmission carpet is about this:

The 'new' seats came with a different "inney" style bracket:

Even without any of the washers, seat belt receiver, bolt and plastic cover fitted - this bracket is at same depth into carpet as above.
Add 1/4" more for those items and the bolt head is really rammed into the carpet:

I already swapped over my passenger rail so I have the outey version fitted and I like it.

So my hope is: Does anyone have a DRIVERS side MANUAL SLIDE (i.e. 4-way power max) with an OUTEY seat belt bracket welded to it like this they are prepared to sell:

I can't figure out the part number - I have done a lot of searching and cannot find a part# that differentiates between the 2 styles inney and outey.

PET shows inney versions (or bolt on versions) from 928, 911, 968 through the years.

If no-one actually has one, which is realize is likely, I'd still appreciate if anyone could nail down a part number for the outey bracket, manual adjustment.

Thanks for looking, appreciate any help.

Cheers

(pet: https://www.porsche.com/all/media/pd...TZ_KATALOG.pdf)

Last edited by LimeyBoy; 01-03-2021 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 01:05 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,573 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Could one just slice off the threaded insert in the frame member and use a capscrew and a nut to achieve the attachment and minimize how far the fastened joint protrudes towards the transmission tunnel?

Alternatively, is there some padding under the carpet that can be removed increasing the clearance?

If one is handy with a ball-peen hammer could one adjust the transmission tunnel tin to provide added clearance?

Just some thoughts.

Andy
Old 01-03-2021, 04:56 PM
71-3.0-911
Rennlist Member

Received 769 Likes on 518 Posts

I've got some planted seat brackets with seat belt mounts that I never ended up using. I'll let them go cheap if you're interested.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:00 PM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pp000830
....Just some thoughts.
Andy
Thanks Andy - I have some ideas if I dont find a rail.

Originally Posted by 71-3.0-911
I've got some planted seat brackets with seat belt mounts that I never ended up using. I'll let them go cheap if you're interested.
I'm interested! Any chance you can post pics or part numbers. If you want to go email just PM me. Thanks for the offer, let's see if it is my day/week!
Old 01-03-2021, 07:19 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 563 Likes on 411 Posts

Why not hack and off and replace with an RS Seat Belt Mount.?

Photo from a BIll Verburg post

Old 01-05-2021, 01:07 AM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi, I have a bent seat rail that is just laying around. Will be happy to give to you. It's off my 993 seats. Can send some pics if you like.
Old 01-05-2021, 08:23 AM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Foxman
Why not hack and off and replace with an RS Seat Belt Mount.?
Thanks, I will look into this. I see this style in the PET. Cheers.

Originally Posted by ocmacman
Hi, I have a bent seat rail that is just laying around. Will be happy to give to you. It's off my 993 seats. Can send some pics if you like.
PM sent. Thanks!

Quick Reply: WTB - Seat Rail