Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   North - South Rumble Location (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/122796-north-south-rumble-location.html)

viperbob 03-24-2004 11:08 AM

North - South Rumble Location

OK, since I read the directions and figured how to post a poll, let's see where people want to go for the June 5th. Those of you that are thinking of going, please vote and tell us why...

Thanks everyone. This should be fun...

Henry 03-24-2004 01:18 PM

How about Santa Barbara?

CAHRERA 03-24-2004 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah Man, June 5th is Bad! Partsheaven Swap and Concours June 6th.

ca993twin 03-24-2004 02:04 PM

Scott,

Maybe they can move their date! Cancel the weddings and Bar Mitzvahs. June 5th is OURS!

CAHRERA 03-24-2004 02:35 PM

Steve,

I wish! Take good snaps(photos). I know those that are going are going to have a Ball.

Oh well, for those that will be less fortunate and can't make this Ultimate Cali-cruz can always get their Porsche fix by checking out the Swap and Concours on Sunday June 6th at PartsHeaven Hayward, Ca.

ca993twin 03-24-2004 02:48 PM

Scott,

June 6th? June 6th you say? That font was a little too small for my ancient eyeballs. Well, any true Porsche owner with testicles larger than raisins would simply do BOTH events. Why is this even a question? The rumble is June 5th. Your presence is needed so you can contribute to the beer that you NorCal guys will be buying for us SoCal guys. Besides... we need more Arena Red cars.

fbfisher 03-24-2004 02:58 PM

Santa Barbara is a bad location because those of us coming from L.A. will have just gotten our oil temps up before it is time to stop. As far as I'm concerned, the further away from L.A. via the coolest roads is my preference. Once I know our destination, as HWFMR So Cal Tour Guide, I will post a suggested route.

User 4621 03-24-2004 03:17 PM

OK, I have a weird idea. If we can't find a good city meeting spot, how about taking over a campground? No parking worries, just pitch a tent right next to your P-car, campfires for burgers, huge quantities of libations without having to drive back to a hotel, perfect weather in June, lots of beautiful spots on the central coast.

Cayenne's welcome to haul coolers and firewood. ;)

Terry Adams 03-24-2004 03:21 PM

Scott, I'll see your Arena Red Sunday June 6th at PartsHeaven Hayward and raise you to June 5th . I am not quite as old as Steve OFE. Sunday I left here at 4:30 am, met the SoCal guys in Santa Paula for a short canyon blast, lunch at Cold Springs, a glider flight over Santa Inez, and return via Hwy 1 in one day. Life is short, drive it.

fbfisher 03-24-2004 03:24 PM

Peter, I hate that idea (the camping part, not the Cayenne part).

ca993twin 03-24-2004 03:26 PM

Terry has the true "Arena Red" spirit, despite the fact that he's on the NorCal team.

The campground idea is a little too "rustic" for me. But I'll bet that in any of the locations we choose, there will be a campground near enough that some could choose to sleep with the snakes and squirrels, others may choose room service. I know which camp I'm in.

Mike in Chi 03-24-2004 03:34 PM

Why don't you guys meet at my West Coast vacation house.

It's called San Simeon. (And it's not rustic at all, Steve)

Tell the guard at the gate I said it was ok...

adsc4s 03-24-2004 03:38 PM

Mike, is that your castle on the hill? Nice, the driveway alone is worth the drive. However, passing those shuttle buses could be hazardous. Is your sister's name Patty? ;)

CAHRERA 03-24-2004 03:47 PM

Terry,

U da'MAN! You are the Ultimate Cruz King! I don't think I'm worthy enough to be owning a Arena Red of anything. When I see the word Porsche Enthusiast in the dictionary it will have your picture there.

And when Bruce Anderson does a article in "Excellence" on Bullet proof 3.6L 993 motors with high mileage your car will be the one he's talking about.

I totally give you RESPECT!

Eyal 951 03-24-2004 03:47 PM

I'm on the fence between Cambria and San Luis Obispo. Can someone give me the pros and cons of both? Then I'll make a more eduacted decision.
~Eyal