Sponsored by:

Poss dead battery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 07:57 PM
KeithR3
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poss dead battery?

It is a very nice day today in Chicago and I thought it might be time to take out the 993. Put the key in turn and wala! Dead! All I hear is a ticking sound.

Does that mean I need a jump? And if I do get the car a jump, does that mean the car is going to do all sorts of goofy things like...radio not working, the immobilizer all weirded out etc...

What should I do first?
Old 03-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Keith,

Everything but the radio will be fine. Radio code is found on plastic cards on the last page of the radio users guide. Punch in the four number code on the radio buttons. That's it.

I have way too much experience with this procedure..

Dave
Old 03-19-2004, 09:22 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Keith,

Dudley is right on. When I picked up my 993 - the battery had been dead for months, so I got a jump - and drove it home that night (with VERY WEIRD electrical problems - like the headlights flashing, and the console lights flashing, etc...). I replaced the battery (which was way past any hope of holding a charge), and it's been great since. So - after a jump - if it holds a charge - you should be OK (just re-enter the code to the radio).

Best to you!

John
Old 03-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Crimson Nape Racing
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys - maybe I just got lucky, but I had a dying battery and had to jump my car many times before i figured it out (I know it sounds dumb, but I actually replaced the battery and evidentally got a bad one). A couple times it was so dead it had to sit with cables for a few minutes before it would start (cheesy cables?). Anyway, all this to say I never had any weird elec. problems or had to put in the radio code. Maybe the battery has to be REALLY dead before the problems start. FWIW, I got one of those battery maintainers and have no more problems. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: Poss dead battery?