Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight washer inoperative (I had the headlights on and pushed the switch forward)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 05:04 PM
rdad993
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts
Default headlight washer inoperative (I had the headlights on and pushed the switch forward)

Hi guys. I my headlight washers are inop. I know some of you have just removed them but I like to keep things working, but I am hopefully turning to the board for some help.
I have researched this on Rennlist and Pelican but can't seem to find an answer. My question: I used electrical contact cleaner on the washer switch on the column, no joy. I pulled the left headlight and cleaned the electrical connector. No power to a test light. I then jumpered the relay R-43 socket from terminal 30 to 31 and got the right side of my face washed (!). So the pump is good. Can I assume from this: A the relay is bad or B the wiper washer switch is bad? I had the ignition on, headlights on and pushed the the washer stalk in toward the front of the car. Thanks Glenn

Last edited by rdad993; 10-13-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Quick Reply: headlight washer inoperative (I had the headlights on and pushed the switch forward)