Sponsored by:

Motor Sound Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 12:12 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

No prob guys. Hope he is well also.

Would someone possibly have a sound clip of the MSP?
Old 03-20-2004, 02:21 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

My car has the factory MS option. I replaced the cans with a set of RSR cans and to be honest did not notice much difference in sound. They both sound equally fine, just not as aggressive as I'd have liked. I may replace the cat with by-pass pipes or install a set of Supercups....
Not sure which way to go....
Old 03-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I was under the impression that the MSP is comprised of two things -- nice tips and a metal horn on the airbox cover with some holes drilled in it. Is there a part number for the different mufflers or is it just the tip that's different with that option code? It was a very cheap option and I'm disappointed that so few people chose it (like free sports seats in Turbos or sunroof delete ...)

Cheers,
Old 03-22-2004, 01:57 AM
Rob993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a MSP from my dealer which was just the airbox cover c/w drilled holes and plastic chrome horn and the tips. The tips were nice but those two items were around $500.00 USD! I didn't think it was worth it and drilled the holes in my standard aircover exactly like the MSM, and returned the product. Well I had not driven it since early October, and today the roads finally dried enough for a short run. What a rush! For sure it sounds a lot better and is worth it. Maybe not if you have modified mufflers (which I don't).
Rob

Quick Reply: Motor Sound Package