993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2020, 10:50 AM
wookinpanub
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice purchase, you will love the cab, i myself just purchased first porsche after drooling since watching no mans land, finally pulled the trigger a month ago so i know what your feeling, i bought a 98 cab black and cashmere, cabs can be had for such a great price point too, too good to pass up sometimes right? so far ive ordered a few parts to get up to the near great condition, just replaced the cable in the power top from transmission to motor and took some pics. im on vancouver island so might as well be the other side of the world right now but you may be searching same sort of what to do now info as i am. feel free to grab my details and msg me id love to see what your plans are with it, oh ya and im buying my friends 93 rsa next week looks like so watch out for that now too, you cant stop at one car now,,,,,, didnt think id like the cab as much as i do either but the coupe now gets me on the local duncan track. all the best
The following users liked this post:
bhiscott (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 04:08 PM
bhiscott
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice car, black and cashmere. I'm still working on my list of upgrades. I think i may drive it for the rest of the season and start into some mods this winter. I'll reach out in a BIT. Congrats on the RSA, one of my favorites! What colour?
Old 07-13-2020, 05:37 PM
bhiscott
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wookinpanub
nice purchase, you will love the cab, i myself just purchased first porsche after drooling since watching no mans land, finally pulled the trigger a month ago so i know what your feeling, i bought a 98 cab black and cashmere, cabs can be had for such a great price point too, too good to pass up sometimes right? so far ive ordered a few parts to get up to the near great condition, just replaced the cable in the power top from transmission to motor and took some pics. im on vancouver island so might as well be the other side of the world right now but you may be searching same sort of what to do now info as i am. feel free to grab my details and msg me id love to see what your plans are with it, oh ya and im buying my friends 93 rsa next week looks like so watch out for that now too, you cant stop at one car now,,,,,, didnt think id like the cab as much as i do either but the coupe now gets me on the local duncan track. all the best
Nice car, black and cashmere. I'm still working on my list of upgrades. I think i may drive it for the rest of the season and start into some mods this winter. I'll reach out in a BIT. Congrats on the RSA, one of my favorites! What colour?
Old 07-15-2020, 11:17 AM
wookinpanub
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi again, the rsa is black on black, might be falling thru now, i put a post out for input and overwhelming response to pick up a 964 sunroof delete over the rsa, also the rsa shoud be worth less money but market dictates otherwise. i have another post you may want to check out as well reg first 5k on these cars, lots of good ideas and ill be making some purchases here soon. your black on black looks great too, and your car looks in really good shape, all original paint? ive rented the local track here mid august and invited a huge group of friends, trying to maybe get a cpl mods done b4 then. any plans to get it onto a track?
Old 07-16-2020, 10:26 AM
bhiscott
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wookinpanub
hi again, the rsa is black on black, might be falling thru now, i put a post out for input and overwhelming response to pick up a 964 sunroof delete over the rsa, also the rsa shoud be worth less money but market dictates otherwise. i have another post you may want to check out as well reg first 5k on these cars, lots of good ideas and ill be making some purchases here soon. your black on black looks great too, and your car looks in really good shape, all original paint? ive rented the local track here mid august and invited a huge group of friends, trying to maybe get a cpl mods done b4 then. any plans to get it onto a track?
Too bad about the RSA. Wow a lot of great feedback on it vs. the 964. Enjoyed the thread. Also enjoyed the thread on the first 5K. For now I want to focus on the mechanical side of things. The 30K major service was done. New brakes, new tires as part of the deal. Want to make sure the suspension is sorted out. I'm a little worried about change the exhaust. I have a friend down the street that put on a Billy Boat exhaust and you can hear him coming from blocks away. He can't hear for a while after a long drive, and it's not a cab!!! Not what I'm looking for. I've got the sports exhaust on my Macan GTS and people think It's loud. Keep me posted on your progress.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:19 AM
993c4_Toronto
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey - my Pcar is located north of Milton so I am pretty close to you. I take my car to Gtek in Scarborough because I have had a long term relationship there. But the place closest to you that I believe has the best reputation is https://ca.pcarshops.com/ontario/mantis-automotive I am going to start going there for some work going forward.
The following users liked this post:
bhiscott (07-17-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 09:10 PM
2RedPorsche
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 993c4_Toronto
But the place closest to you that I believe has the best reputation is https://ca.pcarshops.com/ontario/mantis-automotive I am going to start going there for some work going forward.
Mantis and good reputation in the same sentence! I've used Mantis in the past and personally had no problems but I stopped before I did! There are plenty of others that have had trouble and I didn't want to become one of them.
I agree about Gtek, only heard good things, I just wish they weren't so far away for us west enders! If you're willing to come to Mississauga there's always Hunter Motorsports near Dixie and Dundas.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:21 PM
bhiscott
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 993c4_Toronto
Hey - my Pcar is located north of Milton so I am pretty close to you. I take my car to Gtek in Scarborough because I have had a long term relationship there. But the place closest to you that I believe has the best reputation is https://ca.pcarshops.com/ontario/mantis-automotive I am going to start going there for some work going forward.
Thanks Steven, I'm going to check out a few. There's a place in Niagara Falls that i have spoken to. Haven't visited yet, but I'll get them to safety the car when it arrives and check out there work. There's also a guy in Stoney Creek. Hopefully see you out for a drive. Where abouts north of Milton are you? My daughter is in Acton.

Bob
Old 07-17-2020, 03:22 PM
bhiscott
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 2RedPorsche
Mantis and good reputation in the same sentence! I've used Mantis in the past and personally had no problems but I stopped before I did! There are plenty of others that have had trouble and I didn't want to become one of them.
I agree about Gtek, only heard good things, I just wish they weren't so far away for us west enders! If you're willing to come to Mississauga there's always Hunter Motorsports near Dixie and Dundas.
Thanks, I've heard good things about both.

Bob

Quick Reply: Newbie