are these wheels fixable

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 02:45 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are these wheels fixable

i'm looking at purchasing a set of 4 wheels. two are damaged. can anyone tell me if this is fixable/not fixable? i'm willing to pay to have them fixed - i just want to verify that these are in fact fixable.

here are the pics - thx in advance.

PS My plan is to use these as track wheels.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:04 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a wheel about that bad fixed at Wheel Techniques. It cost about $300 to fix and repaint (I had all 4 done: 2 fixed and 4 painted for $1000). They have been my daily drivers and tracked for the last 2 years without issue.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:22 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Looks easily fixable to me. Local retail wheel fixing place would charge $100 - $125 to straighten and $100 to refinish if needed.
However, if you talk to a local dealer or two, they'll usually give you a phone number of somebody who does not have a fancy shop but does it for less money for dealers.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:27 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i forgot to also ask if i should be concerned by the tires? my goal is to reuse the tires.... would such an impact damage the sidewall?

cheers,
boris
Old 03-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Boris, Just MHO, they are fixable BUT the integrity and strenght of the wheel will not be there anymore. Specially in high speed cars like ours, I wouldn't re-use those. I see from your pix that it's not just a simple bent lip but it's cracked. I wouldn't want to see that failing cathastrophicaly while you're taking a fast corner. *Just my MHO in keeping you safe.

I had a bent OEM Cup wheel, and replaced it with a true and straight one from Wheel Enhancement(NA), Wheel Enhancement don't take bent wheels for trades 'cause of the same concerns. A little bit pricey, $ 200, BUT if you have that repaired for at least $125, might as well pay the additional $75 for your safety.

Quick Reply: are these wheels fixable